5.9 Liter CR Dodge Cummins 03-07 Discussion of 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with Common Rail Injection

Begging For Answers!

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2008, 02:17 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

P2509 Ecm/pcm Power Input Signal Intermittent is the only code that is showing.

Old 03-29-2008, 07:25 PM
Diesel Bomber
Received 102 Likes on 98 Posts

Well that has not much to do with injectors. If this is what is wrong you should make sure your batteries are fully charged then get your ECM flashed (or smartied, if you will).

You want to check to make sure that when did your injectors that you reconnected all the harnesses and that all the grounds are back to where they need to be.

Your truck is cutting out because the computer is telling it to! Fix that problem and you will fix the truck.

Old 03-29-2008, 07:45 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

it's gotta be a messed up wiring harness or something...especially if it happened after the injector install..you posted different codes on comp D didn't you??

Old 03-29-2008, 07:58 PM
BOMBARDIER
Received 132 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by solostyle
P2509 Ecm/pcm Power Input Signal Intermittent is the only code that is showing.
Pretty good indication that your Bully Dog may be to blame here...get it off and see what happens.

It is also possible that you have shorted out your ECM when you installed your injectors, I had stock injectors short out in one bank and the dealer shorted the ECM out twice while replacing the injectors. The 05's and 06's seem prone to this. Im guessing that between the new injectors and the Bully Dog you have an ECM issue. Depending on what the dealer knows about your truck it should be on warranty. It is VIN specific so dont try to get one from a wrecker or anywhere DC has to code it to your truck.

Good Luck

Last edited by Longhorn; 03-29-2008 at 08:01 PM.
Old 03-29-2008, 11:25 PM
Diesel Bomber

I agree. Get that box out of there and see what happens.

Old 03-30-2008, 10:07 AM
Diesel Fan

you think if i remove the ecm i could take it to dodge and they wouldnt know what mods are on there but they would still cover it under warranty? i took the bullydog out and it didnt help. if it isnt under warranty, whats a re-flash cost?

Old 03-30-2008, 10:23 AM
Diesel Bomber

It doesn't really work that way. Your ECM with the Bully stuff onboard or not will be void of warranty because that programmer is not stealth at all. On a truck some dealers wouldn't be able to tell but as soon as you say "here, my computer is broke" they'll get really suspicious.

Your best bet, and at this stage it is only a guess is to find someone with a smarty box and see if that can reflash it. If it can reflash it to the stock ECM which is 100%undetectable (in stock mode) and then see if the truck starts and runs. If that is the case get your gauges on there and see what you are dealing with. My guess is that the computer is fired and a new one is in your future.

Old 03-30-2008, 12:42 PM
Diesel Fan

i was on the phone with bullydog 2 weeks ago and they downloaded a recovery program on the bullydog to try and fix the ecm. my air-dog was giving me problems on downloading and we thought the bullydog fried the computer so they were doing their best to fix that problem. i unhoked the air-dog and the program downloads perfect everytime. If i have a injector stuck open, you think i could unhook the 2 wires from each injector 1 at a time andfind out that way? if one is stuck open and i unhook it, itshould change how the truck is running but if i unhook a good injector, then the truck should run like crap. we are going to try that by using the scanner on wednesday.

Old 03-30-2008, 10:05 PM
Diesel Bomber

This may seem like a good thing to do but unless you want to cook your entire HP side of your rail please don't.

The pressure is intended to be reasonably balanced between all 6. Take 1 or 2 or 3 out and watch the rail take a dump.

A DC scanner will you which injector is done. If you don't go to DC for obvious reasons then find a performance shop locally that has this equipment and figure it out that way. The scanner I'm talking about is the big boy that is the size of a tool box, sits on wheels and plugs into all the right spots. This is the same one they would use to tell if your ECM is screwed by a box or programmer.