24 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 98.5-02 Discussion of 24 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with VP44 Injection Pumps
Sponsored by Trailer Plus

Fuel pressure gauge hook up

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2012, 05:47 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Fuel pressure gauge hook up

I have a 2001 dodge cummins with a auto transmission and I was wondering were do I hook up my Isspro fuel pressure gauge. I have a AirDog one 100gph on my truck. Do I need any other parts to hook up my gauge. A pic of were it hooks up would be nice. With a AirDog one wat should be my pressure at WOT. Thanks

Old 02-05-2012, 07:36 PM
Diesel Enthusiast

is it a mechanical or electronic guage. mechanical is when fuel is going to the guage in the cab and electronic has a wiring harness and a snubber. i hooked my mechanical FP guage right at the fitting off the airdog on the fuel going to injection pump. i bought 3/8" tee and fittings reducing it to 1/8in thats what i have running to my guage.

Old 02-05-2012, 08:03 PM
Diesel Enthusiast

Its mechanical what size of hose did you use to run it into your cab. Is that the only spot you can hook it up.

Old 02-06-2012, 12:53 AM
Diesel Enthusiast

i went to advanced auto and got 1/8in copper tubing kit its like $12. i ran mine along e brake cable through floor and tapped to fitting on Airdog line going to injection pump. went to hardware store got my 3/8in tee (size of my fuel lines) 1/4in to 1/8in reducer and its good. you can also run it through firewall and tap into fitting that connects to injection pump

Old 02-06-2012, 06:42 AM
Diesel Enthusiast

With the injection pump don't you need to buy a banjo bolt or what ever it is.

Old 02-06-2012, 07:47 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

there is also a fitting on the back of the stock fuel filter if your still running that that has a oneway valve one it that you could get a fitting for. its like a valve stem, when you screw it on it opens fuel into the line. the actual name slips my mine right now. yes a banjo fitting that has an 1/8 in taped hole on the end of it and can screw an elbow in there

BANJO BOLT - TAPPED ('98.5-'09, 5.9L & 6.7L)-Dodge Cummins Diesel Truck Accessories – Geno’s Garage

Old 02-06-2012, 08:12 PM
Diesel Enthusiast

Ya but that goes into my vp44 pump right were my main fuel line goes in but I have the AirDog one that has a quick connect that goes into my pump. With that banjo bolt I don't think my Airdog will hook up to that.

Old 02-06-2012, 08:26 PM
Diesel Enthusiast

you could change it to a push on ya and then use one of these maybe...? its tapped on the top there

Push on 90 Degree 06 JIC fitting tapped

---AutoMerged DoublePost---

i have a fass and it plumed thru the stock filter so im trying to understand how an airdog is plumed. be nice to know the difference

Last edited by Wirtzy; 02-06-2012 at 08:26 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-06-2012, 08:45 PM
Diesel Enthusiast

The Airdog gets fuel from the tank then it goes through the Airdog filters then pure fuel goes right to your pump. I skips your old fuel filter housing. Then for the return line it goes back in to your fuel tank which has air and fuel that it took out of the fuel that is going to your pump. If you can understand that. With the 90 degree JIC fitting it looks like it only has like two threads going into the pump.

Old 02-06-2012, 08:53 PM
Diesel Enthusiast

ya i havent manned up and tried it yet but ive heard good about it and my buddy ran one and never had a problem.

ya thats just like the fass. other than it sound like you use fancier connectors with those clip ons. thats what i was curious about, i asked that wrong earlier haha. i had to run mine thru the stock filter cause of the fuel heater and its a little cold in washington, do not want to jell up!!

Quick Reply: Fuel pressure gauge hook up