24 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 98.5-02 Discussion of 24 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with VP44 Injection Pumps
Sponsored by Trailer Plus

New starter and will not start... Need help

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2012, 11:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New starter and will not start... Need help

My starter went out yesterday and I ran up and got a new one. I rapidly replaced the bad starter. I did not disconect my batteries before replacing and of course I mildly arked out my power wire once. Now she wont start, so I checked fuses and they are good and while swaping some relays with the blower motor I realized that isnt working either. Where do I start?

---AutoMerged DoublePost---

The relays are clicking . I have power to lights and gauges. Just not to falOn motor or starter.

The relays are clicking . I have power to lights and gauges. Just not to fan motor or starter.could it be one of the relays on the driver side fender well?

Ok, I am able to turn the key on and jump the starter with a screwdriver and she firers right up, however the air bag and abs lights were on and still no heater motor.... Any ideas?

Last edited by Atrainscummins; 02-04-2012 at 11:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-04-2012, 11:26 PM
RAW
Administrator

Received 684 Likes on 549 Posts

Did you check the fuses in the cab as well?

Old 02-05-2012, 12:21 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes I sure did. its super weird. Im lost

Old 02-06-2012, 12:29 AM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

How about the relays under the hood, where those all good? I had this happen too, turned out to be the relay was blown. Expense lil bugger too, nout $12 at my parts store. Good luck