24 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 98.5-02 Discussion of 24 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with VP44 Injection Pumps
Sponsored by Trailer Plus

FML!

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2011, 09:52 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
Shut Mouth FML!

Alright guys, I'm pretty flippin sure my vp just took a dump so I'm pissed! But what're you gonna do, right? So I figure I'm goin to need some tools for the replacement vp and FASS. Question is, do I need a pump puller to get the pump out or can I use somethin else, like a brass rod and hammer to bump it out?

Old 09-27-2011, 07:44 AM
Diesel Wrench
Received 118 Likes on 61 Posts

No hammers!!! I'd let ya borrow my puller but your pretty far away, they're like $40 or so online. Make sure wherever you buy a vp from presses in the keyway, you don't wanna get stuck with that. Some great guides online, it really isn't too bad the biggest bitch is the bolt that's inbetween the vp and the block.

Old 09-27-2011, 01:59 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

HAHA yea thanks anyways. There's a video on youtube that Diesel Dan out up and I've watched it bout ten times already just to make sure I get it all done right with the right tools. I'll get a puller from sleezebay, $35 I think. Thanks man, I just need some time to do it all.