24 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 98.5-02 Discussion of 24 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with VP44 Injection Pumps
Sponsored by Trailer Plus

loping?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2011, 10:49 PM
dog
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default loping?

ok ive seen all sorts of videos on youtube about a cummins loping and I'm sure there's more than one way to make this happen but how?

Old 02-14-2011, 09:12 AM
Diesel Wrench
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

Usually larger injector lines (usually on trucks that don't need them it seems like) or just a bigger injection pump like a Monster injection pump

Old 02-14-2011, 09:13 AM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Big fuel and timing and a cam. If you have alot of timing and it can cause your truck to "lope". I have alot of timing and a cam on my truck so with those combinations it hazes and lopes at idle. Also if you get some shi**y injectors like Jammers, they will make your truck lope because the spray pattern is horrible

Old 02-14-2011, 01:05 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

they also mack a tune for a lot of the down loaders thats called lop idle software and it basiclly just make the truck fuel iratic at idle and have that big cam sound and clears to normal tune as soon as the pedal is touched.

Old 02-14-2011, 06:13 PM
dog
Diesel Enthusiast

what programmers do this and also is it expensive to do the bigger injector lines

---AutoMerged DoublePost---

ok so I did some research and found out i cant do any lines bigger than .084 with my auto. and stock vp44 so hee's another question what size are the injector lines stock?

Last edited by dog; 02-14-2011 at 06:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-14-2011, 07:30 PM
Diesel Enthusiast

.063. and im not sure of the kinds of tunners that do it. ive never had any need for one or had anyone want one. i dont think its good for the motor myself.

Old 02-14-2011, 07:45 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Larger injector tubes will make it lope. These are the tubes that go from the injector lines through the head to the injector itself. .093 are about as big as I would go. Larger injectors will also change the sound of the motor. As far as tuners I dont think any of them change anything at idle. They only chage when you start to build rpm and boost.

Old 02-15-2011, 09:54 AM
Diesel Enthusiast

they do make that software i have seen several trucks running it. i just will not run it myself.dmaxand cummins common rail trucks run it more than othere because it easier to tune electrionic injection trucks. and it does change the idle pattern which is where the lope comes from but yes big injectors will change it and well as larger connecting tubes. bubt what you have to remember with that is when you do that you can create a vaccum or surge in the fueling and cause the truck to run iraticly. your injection system needs to run smoothly to create power all the way through and make that power smoothly. you need to make sure the system is all matched up to what your needs are. not wel lets throw some big lines on for hte sounds cause that may or can really affect the power you make at any given point.

Old 02-15-2011, 04:02 PM
dog
Diesel Enthusiast

alright guys sounds good i was more curious than anything but i really appreciate the advice