24 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 98.5-02 Discussion of 24 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with VP44 Injection Pumps
Sponsored by Trailer Plus

porting?

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2011, 11:59 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default porting?

If you were to take a 24v and do a full port ,how many cfm's could it push?

Old 01-02-2011, 02:39 AM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

depends on what you wanna pay..... and how extreame you wanna go with the motor... let us know a few details in plans to do and pland to use for so we can better judge what would be the most practical on it....

Old 01-02-2011, 07:12 AM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Every turbo or manifold can be ported, when i got my new turbo and my new manifold, i lined them up against the manifold gasket and shaved off enough to be flush with the gasket. Also too a long thing shaver on the rotary tool and grinded more off inside the manifold. Unless your talking about porting the head, than thats a different story!

Old 01-02-2011, 09:05 AM
Diesel Fan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by banditsdiesel
depends on what you wanna pay..... and how extreame you wanna go with the motor... let us know a few details in plans to do and pland to use for so we can better judge what would be the most practical on it....
Well I dont really know enough about porting to tell you exact plans but I was thinking porting it as much as possible. I really wanted to know for a comparison to the 12v full port.

---AutoMerged DoublePost---

Originally Posted by connermcpherson
Every turbo or manifold can be ported, when i got my new turbo and my new manifold, i lined them up against the manifold gasket and shaved off enough to be flush with the gasket. Also too a long thing shaver on the rotary tool and grinded more off inside the manifold. Unless your talking about porting the head, than thats a different story!
I was really talking more about the head.

Last edited by Shoe; 01-02-2011 at 09:05 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 01-02-2011, 10:44 AM
RAW
Administrator

Received 684 Likes on 549 Posts

I've heard opening up the head can really improve. How much I do not know for sure.