24 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 98.5-02 Discussion of 24 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with VP44 Injection Pumps
Sponsored by Trailer Plus

halfbreed

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2010, 10:22 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default halfbreed

Ok I have a 24v in a 1999 s-10. We have have a dodge stearing column in it and a dodge dash. the fuse box and every thing is hooked up in it in working order. well when we try to start the motor it will not fire. I don't know if its a fuel problem or what. would like to have some help with this if some one could.We have trace every one the wires everthing is hooked up beside water going though the motor. every thing has power and it not throwing any code. fuel pressure is at 20 psi. Does anyone have any idea that could help me out i would appreciate it thanks brian...

Old 05-20-2010, 10:30 PM
Bombardier
Received 607 Likes on 502 Posts

these 24v trucks are picky when it comes to grounds. make sure the computer case is grounded, make sure there is a GOOD ground from the engine block to the chassis, from the engine block to the frame, and from the engine block to the battery negative terminal. also make sure the battery to chassis is grounded good too. make sure to scrape off any paint or rust to help make a good connection.

start with that since that is simple and then we'll go from there.

Old 05-20-2010, 10:38 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

k I will see what that will do thanks for the help. we got some thing grounded but not the computer and every thing so i will try that and see how that go if not come back to the drawing board. about to p-pump it and be done with it .

Old 05-20-2010, 10:41 PM
Diesel Bomber
Received 153 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by smokeindodge_12v
k I will see what that will do thanks for the help. we got some thing grounded but not the computer and every thing so i will try that and see how that go if not come back to the drawing board. about to p-pump it and be done with it .
best idea yet