24 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 98.5-02 Discussion of 24 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with VP44 Injection Pumps
Sponsored by Trailer Plus

Just my luck

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2007, 01:38 PM
Diesel Bomber
Received 98 Likes on 81 Posts
Default Just my luck

Well this morning I get up bright and early after staying up until 4:00A.M to take my three wheeler up to Washington Courthouse so the guy that bought it could pick it up. I head out to Mom and Dad's house to load up. I go to turn on the water hose and get attacked by Wasp(which I think I'm allergic to). My foot and leg have swallen up about 5 times the size of normal. I then try to run from them and twist my bad knee putting me in extreme pain. I manage to get the bike in my truck and take some medicine and decide to take off. I start the trip up, and my foot and knee is just killing me. I make it to the rest stop and I can barely walk. Manage to make it back in the truck and head off again, make it about 5 miles south of Washington Courthouse and the truck just stops pulling and starts slowing like I just dropped from 5th to 3rd. I clutch it the truck has already died and coast off the road. I fire the truck back up and let out on the clutch and she dies again. Now I'm starting to worry, put it in neutral and the same thing. Now I'm sitting on 71 with a dead truck and dont know how I'm going to get it home. It's just luck that I have great friends that will do anything for me. My buddy Chad Hyland(Flash on here) left his house with the gooseneck and came to haul me home. While all of this is going on I'm in extreme pain due to my leg and foot. Two hours later he rolls up and we break out the comealongs. Truck is 2 feet up the ramp and we break one comealong and bend another. So two hours later using ratchet straps we got it on the gooseneck. We got home about 9:30 and I pull the PTO cover off to find no grease in it and the front two gears have welded them selves together. So now I have to get this one rebuilt of buy another. What kills me is I just checked all fluids last Sat. day and they were full. Dont see were it was leaking so I dont know were it went. Now I guess I'll see if Diesel can look at it and maybe rebuild it for me. So all in all today STUNK pretty bad. My leg and foot is still swallen and hurting and I'm without a vehicle.

Andy

»»»»»»»»»»»««««««««««««
AutoMerged DoublePost
»»»»»»»»»»»««««««««««««

Well looks like I'm going to need input shaft, counter shaft, Bearings and seals, fifth gear and nut, fully splined mainshaft, and syncronizers. So basically my rebuilt trans with low miles is getting rebuilt again.

Andy

Last edited by DazedandConfused; 08-13-2007 at 01:38 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-13-2007, 01:46 PM
Diesel Bomber
Received 72 Likes on 53 Posts

WOW andy bad day huh? Well I always say if it breaks it is a sign to go stronger and better!!!!!!

Old 08-13-2007, 01:50 PM
Diesel Bomber
Received 188 Likes on 138 Posts

maybe you and the pizza boy (No Problem) should start a bad luck club. LOL

Old 08-13-2007, 01:53 PM
Diesel Bomber
Old 08-13-2007, 01:54 PM
Diesel Bomber
Received 492 Likes on 383 Posts

and the winner of our "Getting your *** handed to you" award is:

man that sucks. here's to hoping the rest of your week starts looking up

Old 08-13-2007, 01:55 PM
Diesel Bomber
Received 223 Likes on 193 Posts

Good luck with the tranny. Good friends, like that, are hard to find.
Kudo's to Flash.

Here's hoping your not allergic.

My wife is allergic to bee/wasp stings. We have three of those kits. One downstairs, one in the trailer, and one out in the garden shed. One can never be too careful.....

Old 08-13-2007, 02:00 PM
Diesel Bomber

Hey andy you should have rubbed some copenhagen spit on it that will help with the stinging of the wasp but not so much on the tranny sorry i dont have one for that

Old 08-13-2007, 02:35 PM
Diesel Bomber
Received 492 Likes on 383 Posts

listerine works pretty decent for them too. also works great on fire ants.

Old 08-13-2007, 02:41 PM
Diesel Bomber

Did your rebuilt trans have a warranty?

Old 08-13-2007, 03:20 PM
BOMBARDIER
Received 1,112 Likes on 700 Posts

Get a hold of Dan the Gear Man at quad 4x4, he has a system out that he developed and pantented himself that is better then the full splined shaft. He also does rebuilds if you wanna send it to him. He is the number one in the industry for theses manual trannies.

Quick Reply: Just my luck