24 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 98.5-02 Discussion of 24 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with VP44 Injection Pumps
Sponsored by Trailer Plus

Whats up wit me and my truck

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2010, 07:04 AM
Diesel Wrench
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Whats up wit me and my truck

guys im wigging here i think im loosing my mind. How much vibration should you fill in the floor board while driving i have alot and when it shifts to over drive and it lugs i have a whole lot whitch i think thats probly normal i meaan theres always been vibration from like the motor but i guess for some reason i have noticed more or somthing or i could just be loosing my mind not sure.

Also with it being 5 deg. out will it ride a lil rougherbec. the tires dont really warm up and bec. parts are cold maybe thats why i feell somthing is a little off.

I havnt lost any power and the trans shifts alright and it aint slipping any every thing seems up to par other than the vibs. and the motor seems a little louder to like the rockers they sound like there squshee or like, hell i dont know but there louder but i figure thats bec. of the extreme temps.

But any ways i am just asking your guys opinion and how much vibs you have and maybe if theres a way to lighten the vibration up a little. I dont know if any of you guys are like this but i notice every little thing about my truck or vehicals every sound every detail and when i here somthing just a little off i freak i guess bec. of my luck but i just want my truck to run good and not have any major problems but once again my luck aint all that great

---AutoMerged DoublePost---

any one

can no one help

Last edited by NCFPD; 01-06-2010 at 07:04 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 01-06-2010, 07:43 AM
BOMBARDIER
Received 1,112 Likes on 700 Posts

my best guess would be to check the drive shafts for play, in particular the carrier bearing. This really could be anything without more to go on though.

Old 01-06-2010, 12:35 PM
Diesel Wrench

i figured that thanks for your opinion tho i just went out checked undernieth all ujoint drive shafts carrier bearing hubs and found nothing maybe its just something i have never noticed how much vib should i feel in the floor if any and if i got rid of the stacks and went 5inch back could that lighten the vibration a little.

Old 01-06-2010, 12:41 PM
BOMBARDIER
Received 1,112 Likes on 700 Posts

If your gettin a noticeable vibration in there you have somethin goin wrong, it's just to broad to speculate on right now.

Time is gonna tell ya what it is though. Right under you there is the tranny, transfer case and carrier bearing so one of those is the most likely culprits. Pretty unlikely that it is anything to do with the exhaust.

Old 01-06-2010, 01:03 PM
Diesel Wrench

ok thanks

Old 01-06-2010, 01:25 PM
Diesel Bomber
Received 53 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by NCFPD
i figured that thanks for your opinion tho i just went out checked undernieth all ujoint drive shafts carrier bearing hubs and found nothing maybe its just something i have never noticed how much vib should i feel in the floor if any and if i got rid of the stacks and went 5inch back could that lighten the vibration a little.
That could be too if you think that the u joints and such are ok and it is a slight vibration that you are feeling check your exhaust for hitting on the frame or the body you could be feeling that if they are coming in contact. Or anything else out of place that could be doing the same

Old 01-06-2010, 01:40 PM
Diesel Wrench

I will have to go check that

I say it lightens up to what i think is normal when i let off the gas and it does it worse when it just shifts into OD and its lugging

Last edited by NCFPD; 01-06-2010 at 01:40 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 01-06-2010, 01:50 PM
Diesel Bomber

Yea kinda sounds like to me a exhaust vibration or something like that also just thought about the trans mount might take a peep at that while ur at it.

Old 01-06-2010, 02:18 PM
Diesel Wrench

are the trans mounts know to break or what should i bee looking for

Old 01-06-2010, 02:26 PM
Diesel Bomber

Yea you will see them cracked or split most of the time you can get a pry bar and carefully pry up on the trans or T/case and it will lift up if it is broken or soft.