24 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 98.5-02 Discussion of 24 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with VP44 Injection Pumps
Sponsored by Trailer Plus

Front Locker?

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2008, 02:05 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Front Locker?

Anyone on here got a front locker?=

Old 08-03-2008, 12:31 AM
Diesel Bombers Sponsor
Received 62 Likes on 48 Posts

Don't have one but I recommend a CAD delete along with a one piece shaft. Upgraded shafts would be a prudent choice. And go with ARB if ya wanna turn it on the street.

Dave

Old 08-03-2008, 04:29 AM
Diesel Fan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i would suggest an ox locker if you wanna spend the money going selectable. Its as simple as they can get since it uses a cable actuator.
arb's are nice but a little pricey. to get it to run you got air lines, regulator, air pump, switches for locker and pump. not the greatest bang for the buck unless you have an onboard air sys. already i.m.o.

Old 08-03-2008, 02:26 PM
Diesel Fan

Originally Posted by Fishin2Deep4U
Don't have one but I recommend a CAD delete along with a one piece shaft. Upgraded shafts would be a prudent choice. And go with ARB if ya wanna turn it on the street.

Dave
It already has a CAD delete actually. (Late model 2002)

Originally Posted by *****
i would suggest an ox locker if you wanna spend the money going selectable. Its as simple as they can get since it uses a cable actuator.
arb's are nice but a little pricey. to get it to run you got air lines, regulator, air pump, switches for locker and pump. not the greatest bang for the buck unless you have an onboard air sys. already i.m.o.
Does OX actually make a locker for ours? Our Dana 60 are 32 Spline Axles. They only make lockers of 30 and 35 D60's from what I've seen. The very few set ups I've seen have all been ARB, but if OX makes something. I'd love to see that set up.

I was more or less wondering if anyone here has a front locker. I'd like to hear some set ups and storys.

Old 08-04-2008, 12:06 AM
Diesel Fan

i was thinkin they had the 35spline shafts but yeah your correct they dont have a 32spline but i couldn't find the 32 spline 60 ARB either. If money aint an issue you could get some inner shafts made for 35spline and go OX

Old 08-04-2008, 02:41 PM
Diesel Fan

Never thought of just seeing what it takes to change the inner shafts. Good idea.

Old 08-05-2008, 01:34 AM
Diesel Fan

Originally Posted by Phily 911
Never thought of just seeing what it takes to change the inner shafts. Good idea.
if you decide to go all out you could go with chromoly 35 spline inners and outers with lockouts to help reduce rotating mass when on the street. Dynatrac sells a nice setup not cheap but sure is a beefy upgrade for the d60 as well as good insurace to yourself at the truck pulls. and you could go with a Detroit or spool if you wanted to go that route also. Dynatrac
Poly Performance has a lockout kit as well doesn't include inners though for $1360
Poly Performance Inc. :: Drivetrain :: Front & Rear End Kits :: D60 Front End Kit - JK Synergy Suspension Systems, Fox Racing Shox, Beard, CTM, Johnny Joints®, Currie Enterprises, Edelbrock, Total Chaos, Ramsey Winch, Walker Evans, Wilwood, Mastercra

if you know the shaft length you could get the inners from Alloy USA for $540 a pair comes with a 10yr warranty
Poly Performance Inc. :: Axles & Accessories :: Alloy USA Axles :: Alloy USA Dana 60 Front Inner Axles (Custom Length) - JK Synergy Suspension Systems, Fox Racing Shox, Beard, CTM, Johnny Joints®, Currie Enterprises, Edelbrock, Total Chaos, Ramsey Wi
inners from Superior for $550 a pair and a life time warranty
Poly Performance Inc. :: Axles & Accessories :: Superior Axles :: Superior Dana 60 Front Inner Axles (Custom Length) - JK Synergy Suspension Systems, Fox Racing Shox, Beard, CTM, Johnny Joints®, Currie Enterprises, Edelbrock, Total Chaos, Ramsey Winc
Alloy USA 35spline outers run $300 a pair with a 10yr warranty as well
Poly Performance Inc. :: Axles & Accessories :: Alloy USA Axles - JK Synergy Suspension Systems, Fox Racing Shox, Beard, CTM, Johnny Joints®, Currie Enterprises, Edelbrock, Total Chaos, Ramsey Winch, Walker Evans, Wilwood, Mastercraft, CNC Braking, S
Superior 35 Spline outers run $455 a pair with lifetime warranty
Poly Performance Inc. :: Axles & Accessories :: Superior Axles :: Superior Dana 60 Front Outter Axles - JK Synergy Suspension Systems, Fox Racing Shox, Beard, CTM, Johnny Joints®, Currie Enterprises, Edelbrock, Total Chaos, Ramsey Winch, Walker Evans
or check through these
Poly Performance Inc. :: Axles & Accessories :: Yukon Axles :: Chrysler Front Axles - JK Synergy Suspension Systems, Fox Racing Shox, Beard, CTM, Johnny Joints®, Currie Enterprises, Edelbrock, Total Chaos, Ramsey Winch, Walker Evans, Wilwood, Masterc

I would also checkout
300M D60 U-Joints at $400 a pair with a life time warranty
Poly Performance Inc. :: Drivetrain :: Axle Joints :: 300M U-Joints Dana 44 & Dana 60 - JK Synergy Suspension Systems, Fox Racing Shox, Beard, CTM, Johnny Joints®, Currie Enterprises, Edelbrock, Total Chaos, Ramsey Winch, Walker Evans, Wilwood, Maste
CTM D60 U-Joints at $645 a pair (if i'm reading correctly) with a lifetime warranty
Poly Performance Inc. :: Drivetrain :: Axle Joints :: CTM U-Joint - JK Synergy Suspension Systems, Fox Racing Shox, Beard, CTM, Johnny Joints®, Currie Enterprises, Edelbrock, Total Chaos, Ramsey Winch, Walker Evans, Wilwood, Mastercraft, CNC Braking,

maybe some of this will help you out and other guys that want to upgrade the D60

Old 08-06-2008, 09:04 AM
Diesel Fan

is there anyway to sticky this?