24 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 98.5-02 Discussion of 24 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with VP44 Injection Pumps
Sponsored by Trailer Plus

Edge comp on stock 2001????????

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2020, 10:11 AM
Diesel Fan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Edge comp on stock 2001????????

Hey guys,
It's been a while since I've been here. I got some questions and wondering if I can get some advice and/or guidance. I have a 01 24v automatic tranny truck that all I have done to it is added an intake elbow, cold air intake, 5 inch turbo back exhaust, pillar guages Fuel Press, Tranny Temp, EGTs, replaced the factory lift pump with an airtex pump, timbo APPS, just replaced the VP44 on it as it went out on me about 15k miles ago. I added a 4th Gen bumper and fog lights and a sport grill. I am love this truck it is just super reliable so far. So due to this COVID BS I had to go work on a job where I am making more money than normal which I got super lucky with and I'm not trying to brag I know a lot of people are hurting out there right now. But that being said I have some extra money and I would like to do some upgrading to the truck so I have been looking at a Edge Comp and I would like to hear what some people have experienced with it. I have found a ton of mixed reviews all over the internet with stock trucks. So now I'm that guy asking about doing it to my truck. Would I be ok installing it with both the in tank stock pump and the airtex pump that is already on my truck? I don't tow often if I do its a small car trailer and my jeep to go off roading. (3500-4000lbs) I have gathered that the top 5x5 is a no no for a stock tranny. I have also thought about doing a fass or airdog as it has been recommended by many places I have read. So Can I add the EDGE Comp and what is the highest I could safely run it? How long and how much would it cost to do the upgraded fuel pump fass or airdog beef up the tranny and throw in some bigger injectors? Also could I put a Super B turbo in it as is now? What would I get outta it if I did do it? I am not sold on all these items per say. I am looking to do some upgrades and just get some more power out of it and be cost effective as well. I would love to do the Edge comp and a next size up injectors like 50-75hp (not sure which is next level up) Super B and down the road when I need to at like 200K get a bigger beefier tranny. I only have 105k on it now. So please give me some ideas as to what you guys have and have been running for a while. I'm not making a drag truck its going to be a daily driver but I want more when I floor the pedal now. I am slowly turning to the dark side...