24 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 98.5-02 Discussion of 24 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with VP44 Injection Pumps
Sponsored by Trailer Plus

24 valve electrical and code problems

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2017, 04:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 24 valve electrical and code problems

First off here's the current codes
so first off my buddy was driving the vehicle when it went into limp mode, he nursed it back to the house, so I went to work looking for what I could , I found a bear wire for the alternator not too damaged so I taped it back up and put a new ground on the pcm and the alternator as per request by a local diesel shop, it did nothing, I spent about a month tracing wires to find a problem, got nothing. At that time I could rev it in neutral and it would take a while but get the Rpm's up, as soon as I'd put in gear, it would fall flat on its face, no power, it couldn't even roll down hill cause it would not get rpm's high enough. So then I finally took it in to my buddies shop, we started by replacing the alternator fuse, then replaced the apps sensor plus a new alternator, he hooked it up to his scan tool and got the codes they are pretty much the same, so I went through and grounded the ecm and the list above is what I came up with, and the vehicle will start fine and idle fine but as soon as I even touch the gas it revs at its own leisure , I've had people tell me it was the Vp pump so I have one ready to go in, but I'd rather not do that if it's not necessary , I just want some direction at this point ? Thanks

Old 03-28-2017, 06:04 AM
Diesel Wrench
Received 65 Likes on 62 Posts

Have you tried clearing them to see if they come back?

Old 03-28-2017, 06:18 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gh0stman
Have you tried clearing them to see if they come back?
yeah this is the list of what keeps coming back