24 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 98.5-02 Discussion of 24 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with VP44 Injection Pumps
Sponsored by Trailer Plus

No fuel filters will fit my truck!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2016, 11:26 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default No fuel filters will fit my truck!!!!!!!!!!!

Well my truck has been sitting and someone very very generous has given me a lift pump So I can be able to get to work everyday the past week I've been searching for a fuel filter and I didn't think it'd be this hard I've been to autozone 3 times got a HE duralast returned it and got a regular duralast the first one wouldn't even snap to my fuel filter the second one fit but was literally about 1cm taller than the original one and didn't fit and the lid wouldn't close down all the way down well that was it so go to oreillys all that was available was a wix so n I checked the heights and it was still a little bit taller clearly than my original one I don't know where else to get one from or if anyone has had this problem as well I've seen some online they will snap into the canister but still look taller than the original one I have and some i can tell won't snap into the canister!!!!!! Any advice is appreciated thank yall!!!

Old 10-11-2016, 04:09 AM
Diesel Wrench
Received 65 Likes on 62 Posts

Are you using the factory fuel filter housing?

Old 10-11-2016, 11:08 AM
Diesel Fan

Yes it says Mopar on the housing still has the tag above the canister I'm really hoping oilpatch has the correct one they told that they were gonna have a baldwin in Stock by this wednesday.

Old 10-13-2016, 11:20 PM
Diesel Fan

Found perfect fit filter baldwin pf7777 if it helps anyone with same problem thanks!