24 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 98.5-02 Discussion of 24 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with VP44 Injection Pumps
Sponsored by Trailer Plus

Did I ruin my tie-rod grease seals? pics inside

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2016, 03:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Did I ruin my tie-rod grease seals? pics inside

Warning: Im new to these trucks but Im a cummins guy for life now.
I know not to put too much grease in the seals, but I recently greased everything and saw grease coming out of the seals like I put too much in. Now everything looks deflated like its not holding grease. Did I ruin all these seals? Does all this stuff need replaced now? I'd do the work this time around. Any reccomendations on brands, best bang for buck, etc?

Also, the sway bar end link on one side of the truck is sitting kinda crooked and the bushing looks pretty bad on one side. What effect will this have on the truck?

And one final question. After having the shop install the steering box brace, carli kit+stabilizer, and do a bad alignment, my wheel has maybe half an inch of freeplay in it. Before the wheel was solid with zero slop in it. I also had the third gen track bar conversion done. Any clue what would be causing this play in the wheel? I read to put the truck up and monitor if the steering components move while moving the steering wheel thru its zone /w play.

Thanks guys