24 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 98.5-02 Discussion of 24 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with VP44 Injection Pumps
Sponsored by Trailer Plus

what to look 4 buying p-pumed with big injectors&turbo

Old 02-20-2016, 08:53 AM
Diesel Fan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what to look 4 buying p-pumed with big injectors&turbo

Ok so Im going to go look@ &probably buy a fumming with a s400 turbo,250 horse injectors & a nv4500 with a southbend dual disc it is his daily driver has a airdog 150 which the motor recently went out on.So he has an inline fuel pump plumbed to it till the new motor comes in.Only has a boost &egt gauge.What should I LOOK for when I go look@this thing & test drive it?There's no obd port to hook up a scanner to.I would just think 250 horse injectors wouldn't be ideal for dd?So again what should I look for everything was rebuilt ot installed less than or around 15000k ago whole motor gonr through etc.Thanks...on a side note was also looking @ a 12 valve with a banks cold air intake full exhaust straight piped he says stock injectors & fuel plate,never been turned up but when you get on it a little coal rolls but. Nothing drastic...is this possible with the 12 valves set up?Anyways more concerned about the p pumed fummins thanks

Last edited by cutthroatxxx; 02-20-2016 at 08:57 AM.
Old 02-20-2016, 10:35 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Also the owner says there's no obd port is that common when doijg these swaps & I've heard the southbend dual disc is pretty loud what should I look for there?

Search this Thread