24 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 98.5-02 Discussion of 24 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with VP44 Injection Pumps
Sponsored by Trailer Plus

Bulids

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2014, 08:27 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Bulids

Most people start with injectors and a fuel system but right now im trying to deside how i wanna bulid my truck because the only thing done is a big line kit and a raptor pump, my question to you all is whats the best way to bulid one and if u could redo yours how would u do it?

Old 12-09-2014, 03:50 AM
Super Moderator

Received 332 Likes on 316 Posts

I started with the intake and exhaust first with gauges that way the motor can get the fresh air in easier and get the exhaust out easier. And the gauges so I can keep an eye on my temps. Then the fueling toys after that.
I wouldn't do it any different if I had to do it again.

Old 12-11-2014, 10:01 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

What he said^^^^

When I got the 02 in my sig it already had a K&N and straight pipe exhaust. I put a BHAF on it and I just ordered a Fass 150 to the tune of $611. Next on the list for me is isspro gauges. Usually you'd want gauges first but I really want the fass cause watching the fuel pressure gauge with a stock pump would drive me crazy. So my advice that many on here will give as well is do supporting mods before power mods.

The usual recipe that most start with is exhaust, intake, gauges, fuel system in that order. A straight pipe is the best way to open up exhaust but if your state requires mufflers a glasspack that's turned around is a great substitute. BHAF is the best flowing and lowest maintenance intake that won't dust your engine. Isspro are some of the best gauges you can get but Autometer is a very close second choice. Also ditch that raptor and get a fass. This is the basic recipe to get you started.

You also need to give us specs on your truck. If it's an auto that trans won't last at stock build specs but if it's a manual all you need is a stronger clutch. After that you can start on things like head studs, injectors, programmer, turbo(s), etc.

Last edited by Truck Guy99; 12-11-2014 at 10:21 PM.
Old 12-20-2014, 09:37 AM
Diesel Fan
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Just wanted to say I have a Poly-dyne exhaust manifold up for grabs, also have six 7x12 injectors used only for about 6 months all bought new. let me know if interested. have some other stuff to.