24 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 98.5-02 Discussion of 24 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with VP44 Injection Pumps
Sponsored by Trailer Plus

P0720 Help Please

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2013, 06:46 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default P0720 Help Please

Hey guys just had my tranny put in, ever since I got it put it I have been having this weird problem and it is really confusing me. Start the truck up, put it in drive. Get to 15mph and the truck's rpms and speed will not increase. Pulled an 0720 code which is speed output sensor. I just the plug it doesn't look dirty. The weird part about this problem is it only happens the first time I put the truck in drive after starting.. I will get on it a bit, it will get up to 15mph and stop. Then I hold the pedal down and about 2-3 seconds pass of no response and bam it shifts and everything is back to normal shifts great no problems at all. I could drive it for hours shut it off start it back up and this problem would happen again. Where should I start guys... I feel like it could be something stupid, if it was a bad speed sensor wouldn't it be continuous would happen for a couple seconds only once?? When I start the truck up? Then all of a sudden start working fine? I really hope it's not a PCM problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free