24 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 98.5-02 Discussion of 24 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with VP44 Injection Pumps
Sponsored by Trailer Plus

Haha So Who Says You Can't Smoke With Bio Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2008, 03:26 PM
BOMBARDIER
Received 319 Likes on 271 Posts

Oh yeah...and added lubricity.

Old 03-16-2008, 11:13 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by DangerousDuramax
Anyone who is claiming a mileage increase by running biodiesel needs to post up their logged data to prove this. The only benefit of running biodiesel is reduced emissions. It doesnt improve mileage, costs more to maintain the truck, and produces less energy.
well you can believe me or not.. i could give a rats flying @#$!@#$ . and logging things aint my style. unless its my homebrew. or money related. im not doing this to be a tree hugger. but a part of me is. im doing this cause it cost me about $1.20 less than regular diesel. as for the drivability, it doesnt seen to act any diffrent. im not drag racing. and if anyone in socal would like to try it. feel free to contact me.

so normal mileage per tank on #2 is 360-420 mile on 27 gallons.

first tank i got 408. more mileage maybe not. but this tank was all local driving within 20 miles of my house.
last tank i got 430. still mostly local driving. with a few 70-80 mile trips. this tank will take me to vegas. only 30 miles on it so far. ill keep you posted. .

seems to me it has been better on the mileage.

Old 03-17-2008, 08:59 AM
BOMBARDIER
Received 319 Likes on 271 Posts

Originally Posted by Queeg
well you can believe me or not.. i could give a rats flying @#$!@#$ . and logging things aint my style.
Well frankly NEITHER THE HELL DO I. You might want to reread my post before you start getting personal. Last time I checked the SOTP meter is BS and has no accuracy whatsoever so please provide evidence of what you say ie. data logging. Hearsay never proved a thing but data logging sure does.

Old 03-17-2008, 09:10 AM
Diesel Wrench
Received 132 Likes on 94 Posts

Kind of like myself...

I've been data logging my fuel for the last 5 years (2 years of 2 cycle oil).

2002 Cummins

As for BIO Diesel its been measure at low BTU's that normal #2 Petroluem diesel. There is a slight reduction of power. But the lubricity is much better for the fuel system.

BTU's

Not to argue just to post facts and information...

Old 03-17-2008, 12:58 PM
Diesel Bomber
Received 492 Likes on 383 Posts

Originally Posted by Queeg
well you can believe me or not.. i could give a rats flying @#$!@#$ .
Easy there, tiger. No sense getting fired up because someone disagreed with ya. We all have opinions and they all should be respected.

You just have to be careful telling the world about your fuel mileage because if you are getting better mileage then you are the exception and we should explore why so that more can benefit.

If you're not then you're just giving other false hope and they might run out and do something that they'll regret later.

Just my $.02. Glad your happy with the bio. Keep us posted.

Old 03-17-2008, 01:51 PM
Diesel Wrench
Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

well,,,,,,,,i did dyno w/ b20 and gained 1 rwhp and 3 rwtq

twas a surprise

Old 03-18-2008, 07:36 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Mopar man I like your spread sheet. I have almos the same thing with all other costs added in too. My MPG is very similar, maybe a little higher since I feather foot all the time. I run 80 psi in the tires so mpg is a bit better. It rides like the truck it is. haha This winter has been a real killer as we have had many days well below 0F.

My over all MPG is 19.2 now for the last 2 years. Lost my earlier data due to computer crash.

The Smarty and the tonneau cover more or less made up for the mpg reduction with the ULSD. The Smarty really helps at 55-60 mph however.

Old 03-19-2008, 04:45 AM
Diesel Enthusiast
Exclamation

Originally Posted by DangerousDuramax
Well frankly NEITHER THE HELL DO I. You might want to reread my post before you start getting personal. Last time I checked the SOTP meter is BS and has no accuracy whatsoever so please provide evidence of what you say ie. data logging. Hearsay never proved a thing but data logging sure does.
ok so . sorry i was a little ott. but i seems like every time some one says something its instantly bs. i was in not way saying everyone would get better milagae. just like putting any chip/exaust/intake would(?). im telling everyone what i have seen in running multiple tanks. now i have moved to a 90-95% blend. and my truck hates it. it runs okay. but my fuel milage is about where dino would be. i know its warming up here too. so i cannot say anything untill i can run a tank with out spendin some in the 40degree area. and the other in the 80 degree area. no long trips on this tank. mostly short 20-50 mile round trip. my trip to vegas got postponed.
so that being said. i still have not seen any short effect on mileage. maybe i got magic oil. in that case i want 10.000 dollars a gallon. im not here to sell my fuel. i will give a little away for someone to try. im not much of a person to log stuff. except when i do maintenence, brewing or monies. i will try to give as much info as i can. but i do way to much paperwork. and do not want to do anymore. i will run one more tank of 90% blend just to see if its just a fluke. then of to try to find a most efficient blend. when i do i will dino the truck. and wil be happy to post my findings. and want to try diffrent blends on the dino too.

happy huntings and im off to avoid the sunshine for as long as possible.

Old 03-21-2008, 12:52 PM
High Tech Redneck

Received 496 Likes on 397 Posts
Old 03-23-2008, 11:30 PM
Diesel Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Red_Rattler
sorry no pics yet.. but i did get a smoke letter!