1st Generation Dodge Cummins 89-93 Discussion of 12 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with Rotary Injection Pumps

Need details from Ve pump:Cam plate,Fuel Pin,Governor spring.

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2012, 04:30 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bulb Need details from Ve pump:Cam plate,Fuel Pin,Governor spring.

Hi.

Start modify my Injection pump. So is needed some parts from VE pumps,can be used. So maybe anyone has these items or knows where to buy?

- Cam plate under 3mm
- Fuel Pin M2 or more
- Governor spring

PM

Old 06-15-2012, 05:15 PM
Diesel Wrench
Received 41 Likes on 40 Posts

Uh not quite sure what you wanna know but a cam plate/ fuel plate is a 2nd gen p-pump part not a 1st gen VE part.

Fuel pin depending on your application n use should do fine n gov spring unless your doing sled pulls I'd go 3200rpm 366 spring from cummins.

Old 06-15-2012, 06:36 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 108 Likes on 71 Posts

Uh, the Cam-plate in the VE injection pump is what strokes the head/rotor.

@ Stills: You sure are posting this stuff all over the place. Ya wanna give it a rest?

Old 06-15-2012, 06:49 PM
Diesel Fan

Originally Posted by BC847
Uh, the Cam-plate in the VE injection pump is what strokes the head/rotor.

@ Stills: You sure are posting this stuff all over the place. Ya wanna give it a rest?
Nope,just trying to find a little bit faster what I need where i can put my classifieds ? About Injection parts ?

Old 06-15-2012, 10:09 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

go onto m&h .inc get a m5 fuel pin, turn the wheel thing underneath the fuel pin two times clock wire, get a 3200 fuel pin, and turn the smoke screw up. i am not a 1st gen expert but that should get you some power

Old 06-15-2012, 11:19 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 108 Likes on 71 Posts

The M5 is awful steep (low rpm smoke is gonna be harder to control) compared to the M2 or M3.

Set the Star-wheel so that when you tip into the throttle when pulling away from a light, you end-up with a lighter smoke. It'll be less smoke, better throttle response, lower EGTs initially, and better fuel economy. You'll have to adjust it repeatedly to get it right.

- I suspect you know exactly how to do it considering the specific parts you're looking for.

Old 06-15-2012, 11:55 PM
Diesel Fan

Originally Posted by holset cummins
go onto m&h .inc get a m5 fuel pin, turn the wheel thing underneath the fuel pin two times clock wire, get a 3200 fuel pin, and turn the smoke screw up. i am not a 1st gen expert but that should get you some power
Where it is ?

---AutoMerged DoublePost---

Originally Posted by BC847
The M5 is awful steep (low rpm smoke is gonna be harder to control) compared to the M2 or M3.

Set the Star-wheel so that when you tip into the throttle when pulling away from a light, you end-up with a lighter smoke. It'll be less smoke, better throttle response, lower EGTs initially, and better fuel economy. You'll have to adjust it repeatedly to get it right.

- I suspect you know exactly how to do it considering the specific parts you're looking for.
Yes,I`m looking for M2/M3/M4 .

What is the Star-Wheel ?

Last edited by Stills; 06-15-2012 at 11:55 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-16-2012, 07:10 AM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

The starwheel is in the afc. Your fuel pins spring sits on it. I have mine up almost all the way and spool up is much better, it responds almost like a gasser as long as I don't just dump the peddle. Alot of guys say to turn it down instead of up, but that made my truck a smoky dog.

Old 06-16-2012, 10:24 AM
Diesel Fan

Originally Posted by 92betsy
The starwheel is in the afc. Your fuel pins spring sits on it. I have mine up almost all the way and spool up is much better, it responds almost like a gasser as long as I don't just dump the peddle. Alot of guys say to turn it down instead of up, but that made my truck a smoky dog.
So anybody know where can find fuel pins / governor spring / cam plates ?

Old 06-16-2012, 10:47 AM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Quick Reply: Need details from Ve pump:Cam plate,Fuel Pin,Governor spring.