Diesel Bombers

Diesel Bombers (https://www.dieselbombers.com/)
-   1st Generation Dodge Cummins 89-93 (https://www.dieselbombers.com/1st-generation-dodge-cummins-89-93/)
-   -   Need details from Ve pump:Cam plate,Fuel Pin,Governor spring. (https://www.dieselbombers.com/1st-generation-dodge-cummins-89-93/97756-need-details-ve-pump-cam-plate-fuel-pin-governor-spring.html)

Stills 06-15-2012 04:30 PM

Need details from Ve pump:Cam plate,Fuel Pin,Governor spring.

Hi.

Start modify my Injection pump. So is needed some parts from VE pumps,can be used. So maybe anyone has these items or knows where to buy?

- Cam plate under 3mm
- Fuel Pin M2 or more
- Governor spring

PM

1stgenblowingsmoke 06-15-2012 05:15 PM

Uh not quite sure what you wanna know but a cam plate/ fuel plate is a 2nd gen p-pump part not a 1st gen VE part.

Fuel pin depending on your application n use should do fine n gov spring unless your doing sled pulls I'd go 3200rpm 366 spring from cummins.

BC847 06-15-2012 06:36 PM

Uh, the Cam-plate in the VE injection pump is what strokes the head/rotor. ;)

@ Stills: You sure are posting this stuff all over the place. Ya wanna give it a rest?

Stills 06-15-2012 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by BC847 (Post 905681)
Uh, the Cam-plate in the VE injection pump is what strokes the head/rotor. ;)

@ Stills: You sure are posting this stuff all over the place. Ya wanna give it a rest?

Nope,just trying to find a little bit faster what I need :s: where i can put my classifieds ? About Injection parts ?

holset cummins 06-15-2012 10:09 PM

go onto m&h .inc get a m5 fuel pin, turn the wheel thing underneath the fuel pin two times clock wire, get a 3200 fuel pin, and turn the smoke screw up. i am not a 1st gen expert but that should get you some power

BC847 06-15-2012 11:19 PM

The M5 is awful steep (low rpm smoke is gonna be harder to control) compared to the M2 or M3.

Set the Star-wheel so that when you tip into the throttle when pulling away from a light, you end-up with a lighter smoke. It'll be less smoke, better throttle response, lower EGTs initially, and better fuel economy. You'll have to adjust it repeatedly to get it right. ;)

- I suspect you know exactly how to do it considering the specific parts you're looking for. :w2:

Stills 06-15-2012 11:55 PM

Originally Posted by holset cummins (Post 905755)
go onto m&h .inc get a m5 fuel pin, turn the wheel thing underneath the fuel pin two times clock wire, get a 3200 fuel pin, and turn the smoke screw up. i am not a 1st gen expert but that should get you some power

Where it is ?

---AutoMerged DoublePost---

Originally Posted by BC847 (Post 905771)
The M5 is awful steep (low rpm smoke is gonna be harder to control) compared to the M2 or M3.

Set the Star-wheel so that when you tip into the throttle when pulling away from a light, you end-up with a lighter smoke. It'll be less smoke, better throttle response, lower EGTs initially, and better fuel economy. You'll have to adjust it repeatedly to get it right. ;)

- I suspect you know exactly how to do it considering the specific parts you're looking for. :w2:

Yes,I`m looking for M2/M3/M4 .

What is the Star-Wheel ?

92betsy 06-16-2012 07:10 AM

The starwheel is in the afc. Your fuel pins spring sits on it. I have mine up almost all the way and spool up is much better, it responds almost like a gasser as long as I don't just dump the peddle. Alot of guys say to turn it down instead of up, but that made my truck a smoky dog.

Stills 06-16-2012 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by 92betsy (Post 905837)
The starwheel is in the afc. Your fuel pins spring sits on it. I have mine up almost all the way and spool up is much better, it responds almost like a gasser as long as I don't just dump the peddle. Alot of guys say to turn it down instead of up, but that made my truck a smoky dog.

So anybody know where can find fuel pins / governor spring / cam plates ?

92betsy 06-16-2012 10:47 AM

M & H Inc. - Fuel Pins

Gov spring would be cheapest at a local diesel shop.

Cam plate Rocken, Tech, Diesel, fuel, Injection, Pumps, Nozzles, Performance, Parts, Camplates, Rotor Heads