1st Generation Dodge Cummins 89-93 Discussion of 12 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with Rotary Injection Pumps

I WILL put a forward facing rear seat in a club cab. Help me out!

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2012, 02:50 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I WILL put a forward facing rear seat in a club cab. Help me out!

I see dead threads all over with this topic but no one ever posts their results. I'm going to make it work, i just need ideas. I was thinkin about the seats in an ext cab f150. They seem pretty compact. Maybe a custom built bench? I was also thinking if i use buckets for the front seats then it will give more leg room if the rear passengers to sit at an angle. I'm going to start measuring different seats and I PROMISE YOU GUYS I WILL MAKE IT WORK! And i'll wright up a diy when it's done.

Any help and opinions of any sort will be great

The following users liked this post:
UCTJ (06-08-2012)
Old 06-10-2012, 10:46 PM
Diesel Fan

good luck

Old 06-11-2012, 06:46 AM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

https://www.dieselbombers.com/1st-ge...-kbb-says.html

This thread has a 2nd gen seat in the back. I'm in the process of putting one in mine. Not much leg room so on hold till I find some buckets for up front, and repair the floor.

Old 06-11-2012, 12:20 PM
Diesel Fan

Thanks man. It looks like the brackets from the 2nd gen fit the floor of the first gen perfectly. I'm gonna have to start doing some measurements to see which seat combinations will have the most leg room.
So here's what i thought of:
Rear: 2nd gen ram bench
Front: 99-07 chevy buckets (so comfortable!)
As for a center console for the front i was thinking one from an obs gm truck or maybe a durango. I would prefer one that doesnt reach to the dash, this way i have room to meneuver it to provide better leg room for the rear. Any ideas on this?

Old 06-15-2012, 01:07 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

I have buckets factory in mine but someone said put a ramcharger seat in the pas side as it will still tilt up and forward but also has rails so it will slide forward to allow for more leg room. Someone on here had a bunch of picks of after they installed a second gen in theirs and it looked really nice. Good luck

Old 09-04-2012, 10:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'm Doing this Conversion Now...

I saw what looked like a factory installation on a W350 dually- upholstery was exactly like the front buckets and the gray color was a perfect match. Turns out it was out of a 82-86 F250 Supercab. I found the same set on ebay for $125. If I can load a pic or two, I'll post them. They fold up when not in use. I found the exact color of dark red, almost like it was made for it.

Attached Thumbnails I WILL put a forward facing rear seat in a club cab. Help me out!-dodge-first-gen-back-seat.jpg   I WILL put a forward facing rear seat in a club cab. Help me out!-dodge-first-gen-rear-seat.jpg