1st Generation Dodge Cummins 89-93 Discussion of 12 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with Rotary Injection Pumps

Need help finding the location for this ground strap.

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2011, 04:39 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help finding the location for this ground strap.

I have a 93 D250 extended cab I bought and been slowly restoring it. (runs great)

My cigarette lighter fuse keeps popping and my a/c blower fan is blowing real low (on any setting).
I looked under the dash and noticed there is a big ground strap attached on the dash side but the other end is not connected.

Does the other end just simply bolt to the firewall? Or is there a more direct place it needs to go?

Any help will be appreciated!!!

---AutoMerged DoublePost---

I know some one here knows where it goes. please help me out

Last edited by 93bomber; 05-09-2011 at 04:39 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-09-2011, 05:15 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

I think if it's a woven looking strap you are talking about, with around a 1/4 inch hole it goes under one of the nuts that hold your steering column up. I just had mine apart. I don't know if thats got any thing to do with the blower motor or not. These trucks are hard on blower motors due to the closeness of the exhaust. The blower motor gets cooked all the time. Many people have spent lots of money repairing the damage done by a blower pulling high current and taking switches and wiring out. The motors are pretty cheap compaired to some of the dash parts. That 6 button climate switch retails for $300+ at my local dealership.

Old 05-09-2011, 06:56 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the reply. The blower motor has been replaced recently. I want to eliminate the "easy" before moving on to intensive electrical work.