1st Generation Dodge Cummins 89-93 Discussion of 12 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with Rotary Injection Pumps

Can you please help me

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2011, 07:05 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can you please help me

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey yall im new to the web site and i ant a computer freak and i dont know how to put up a post but i have a prob i have a 93 dodge cummins that blows white smoke at idel but its like it has no top end power but know this is where it will prob get yall confused ok ill do my best to explian it good enough for yall to understand i bought a 93 dc that has set for 5 years with no engine so i took my 91 dc non/ic engine and put it in the 93. well i have a injector pump that i took off my 93 parts engine that had a melted piston and so i put the injector pump on the engine that i put in the 93 well i switched out the gov springs for the 3200 from my old pump that was on 91 engine to the pump that i took off my parts engine witch is on the engine now. goss i sure hope i did not get yall confused but basically i took a non/ic engine and put a i/c injector pump on it . it starts up like a champ everytime but it has white smoke and its like it has no top end power so could it be A. the 5 year old diesel fuel B.the timing C.the injector pump or D. the injectors im running a HX35, 3 piece manifold, 40 horse injectors, 45 horse power pin,3200 gvs,2 turns at the pump, and the timing advanced not yet i/c but will be soon can yall please help

Old 05-09-2011, 01:38 AM
Diesel Fan
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A B C D it could be all of the above.

The following users liked this post:
cummins al the way (05-14-2011)
Old 05-09-2011, 06:36 AM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i would try bumping your timing a little first. thats the easiest thing to eliminate.

Old 05-09-2011, 05:31 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

I'm gonna also say timing as you've had the pump off,but diesel does go bad too.

Old 05-10-2011, 07:22 AM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i would definately drain the 5 year old diesel and fill it up with new. actually dont fill it clear up, just 5 gal or so. you could possibly have a plugged pickup tube in the tank and you dont want to siphon a full tank back out. sounds similar to what my truck was doing a couple years back though. use a blow gun and blow air back into the tank through the fuel line.

Old 05-10-2011, 11:37 AM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

sounds like your timing slipped you need to use the 5 year old diesel fuel to start a fire for bbqin, the pumps on these trucks are the same i/c or non, the injection pump could be bad thats what heppened to me, injectors should not be a factor as long as they function properley and check your lift pump because a faulty lift pump that doesnt supply your injecton pump with enough fuel will brun it up then your really screwed!!!! i speak from experience on this subject hope it helps