1st Generation Dodge Cummins 89-93 Discussion of 12 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with Rotary Injection Pumps

Fuel Pin Install HELP---DennyT Pin

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2010, 07:42 AM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Fuel Pin Install HELP---DennyT Pin

Thanks to DennyT and DB I won one of the DennyT fuel pins. Now I just need some instructions on how to install it. I have never been into the pump but I am very capable of doing it with some helpfull instructions. If someone has some helpful hints and some instructions on tunning the pump while im in there that would be great. I had read a post from rswords about tunning the ve pump but for somereason I cant find it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.. THX

Old 04-20-2010, 08:40 AM
Diesel Fan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been looking for the same thing since i won a DennyT pin as well Thanks Guys
this video on you tub is the best i can find. The only thing i m not sure of is the stock pin has a bevel on both sides and the DennyT only has one.

Did you alredy get your pin? I m still weighting on the mail man

Old 04-20-2010, 08:45 AM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I just won mine yesteday... I PM'd him lastnight

Old 04-20-2010, 08:58 AM
Diesel Bomber
Received 50 Likes on 47 Posts

disconnect that banjo bolt, don't lose the washers. pull that top cover off (4 screws) pull out the stock pin and diaphram, replace with new pin. place it back in with the deep cut end facing forward (towards the front of the truck) put everything else back together and go!

it's very easy, once you dig into it it will all make sense.

Old 04-20-2010, 10:45 AM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey we all won a fuel pin, and if yours is an auto its gonna have another thing on top of the AFC, i cant remember what it is tho. Its quite simple really, just dont lose the washers off the banjo bolt like budgreen said and youll be fine.

---AutoMerged DoublePost---

Also while your in there you can give the star wheel a couple turns down, whitch is clockwise looking from the top, and that will allow the fuel pin to go down with less boost, gives you a little more bottom end.

Last edited by 1stGen1990; 04-20-2010 at 10:45 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-20-2010, 11:05 AM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
The following users liked this post:
Budgreen (04-21-2010)
Old 04-20-2010, 11:53 AM
Diesel Bomber
Received 102 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by 1stGen1990
Hey we all won a fuel pin, and if yours is an auto its gonna have another thing on top of the AFC, i cant remember what it is tho. Its quite simple really, just dont lose the washers off the banjo bolt like budgreen said and youll be fine.

---AutoMerged DoublePost---

Also while your in there you can give the star wheel a couple turns down, whitch is clockwise looking from the top, and that will allow the fuel pin to go down with less boost, gives you a little more bottom end.
you might want to think about possibly going the other way with the starwheel once you see how smokey that dennyt pin is. unless you like blowing black smoke everywhere you go.

and the thing on top its the throttle positioning sensor.

dont overtighten the 4 bolts up top when you put it back together. if you do, youll go to hit your gas pedal and you wont be able to push down. they can be snug but they dont need to be that tight

Old 04-20-2010, 01:01 PM
Diesel Enthusiast

dont overtighten the 4 bolts up top when you put it back together. if you do, youll go to hit your gas pedal and you wont be able to push down. they can be snug but they dont need to be that tight[/QUOTE]

I must not be understanding correctly, the four bolts on the top have nothing to do with the pedal and/or it functioning.

You mean if you over-tighten it then the pin wont move up and down correctly?

Old 04-20-2010, 01:14 PM
Diesel Bomber
Received 102 Likes on 94 Posts

when i overtightened mine, i fired truck truck up and hit the gas and it revved to like 2500 and just stuck there. maybe it was just something funky with my throttle that completely coincidently happened at the same time. but when i loosened it up it stopped doing that

Old 04-20-2010, 03:01 PM
Diesel Enthusiast

These things have a mind of there own some days.

Quick Reply: Fuel Pin Install HELP---DennyT Pin