1st Generation Dodge Cummins 89-93 Discussion of 12 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with Rotary Injection Pumps

12 valve help

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2009, 11:47 PM
Diesel Bomber
Received 86 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by cummins12v 93
ok thanxs guys...... is it a problem if im @ wop throttle & im spikeing for 16 to 18 psi on my boost guage? i went to all my local parts stores advance napa autozone carquest & no1 had egt/pyrometer guages or fuel pressure guages.....does anybody have a set they wanna sell? ima look on ebay tonite....... but on another note i had one of my teachers go axel 2 axel with me today cuz he thought his gasser chevy was unstopable i almost ripped his axel out !!!! the only other kid thats got a diesel @ my school ran n hid sayin im not that crazy hes got a powerchoke pretty truck but no *****
that's what we all like to hear if you dont hav ea whole lot of money for gauges i think the gauges are called glowshift's they;re a decent gauge for their price... isspro are top of the line and very popular. if anything go to the price quote page and see what you get offer wise from the sponsors; they treat us right

---AutoMerged DoublePost---

and 16-18 psi is a right around stock number; so no issues there at all... i'd like to have an accurate boost number to tell you what i'm running but my cheap gauge stops at 20; and i'm wrappin the peg around... so probably higher 20;s low 30's...

Last edited by tower_ofpower; 10-08-2009 at 11:47 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 10-09-2009, 12:08 AM
Diesel Fan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok cool thanx for all the help guys like i said im ne to the diesel scene but lovein it as it is so far i came from 4x4 suvs & collecting amc's dont know much bout diesel but i have driven power chokes & dura cr**s cant complain bout my 12v love it thru n thru sry only complaint is wanna go faster & soot some more but gotta go slow dont wanna juice her up n melt a piston or blow a turbo up or worse!!!!

Last edited by cummins12v 93; 10-09-2009 at 12:39 AM.
Old 10-09-2009, 02:05 AM
Diesel Bomber

i think the H1C's upper limit is 35 psi before bad things happen... like i said idk where i sit for boost numbers... but fuel upgrade wise i'm still lacking a pin and 366 spring so i can still drive the turbo harder but idk if i really want to

Old 10-10-2009, 06:18 PM
Diesel Fan

i agree how should i go about the fuel pin is it better off 2 grind it down or jus buy an old smokey? im gonna order a 366 spring soon but i wanna get my guages first. if i do ne upgrades 2 the fuel pump am i going 2 have a problem getting thru inspection? or jus nip it in the bud & go to a private inspection place? it jus bugs me that @ wot i cant realy go over 75 mph w/o my engine screameing @ me 2 back off

Old 10-11-2009, 02:08 AM
Diesel Bomber

i agree how should i go about the fuel pin is it better off 2 grind it down or jus buy an old smokey? im gonna order a 366 spring soon but i wanna get my guages first. if i do ne upgrades 2 the fuel pump am i going 2 have a problem getting thru inspection? or jus nip it in the bud & go to a private inspection place? it jus bugs me that @ wot i cant realy go over 75 mph w/o my engine screameing @ me 2 back off
hmmm inspections... i'd just rotate your stock fuel pin so the deepest setting on the cone is facing forward and bottom out your full fuel screw against the facotry safety collar on the stud... it'll give ya some more power w/o smoking an ungodly ammount; just when it comes to inspection time crank the star wheel way up and back the smoke screw out... this'll cut wayyy back on lwo end fueling and even effect low boost fueling... so if there are any kind of emissions test it should pass no problem... if anything they may just "grandfather" it in b/c of the year

The following users liked this post:
cummins12v 93 (10-19-2009)
Old 10-12-2009, 11:55 AM
Diesel Fan

i allready know that theres no emissions testing on my truck cuz of the year so should i jus throw a side exit exhaust on & juice it up a lil & wat happens? i mean worse comes to worse i can jus back off the smoke screw & try again the only thing i can think of that they could fail me exhaust wise is viseable smoke. see jersey is weird bout theyre rules u can have this if u meet this requirement but u cant have this without this! its rediculouse u should see the lift kit rules here theyre ridiculose!!!

---AutoMerged DoublePost---

oh!! i forgot i picked up a tach yesterday for my truck & the destructions dont tell how 2 install in our trucks. ne ideas? i found some on another forum jus googleing but it doesnt say what wires are wat on the harness clip under the dash

Last edited by cummins12v 93; 10-12-2009 at 11:55 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 10-12-2009, 01:48 PM
BOMBARDIER

Received 918 Likes on 537 Posts

If it was me I would go with the M&H pin. You can pick the profile that will work best for you truck. They are a sponcor on here too!

M&H Inc. - Diesel Bombers

I would order teh 3200 (366) spring ASAP. It wont hurt anything, EGT's will stay pretty much the same. Only time EGT's get crazy is when you start playing with teh full power screw.

Last edited by RSWORDS; 10-12-2009 at 01:51 PM.
Old 10-12-2009, 10:51 PM
Diesel Fan

ok so thats wat ill do then friday ill order the spring & ill check out the pin is there ne specific pin i should get or it doesnt matter?

Old 10-12-2009, 10:57 PM
Diesel Bomber

depends on your liking; richieO just won the free fuel pin giveaway sponsored by M&H. he opted for the M2 and he seems really happy with it. its supposed to be a versatile pin for play and you can still tow with it. as the pin numbers go up the ramp gets steeper and deeper. the M5 is their hottest pin and it follows around the same profile the denney T stage 2, old smokey, and bully dog pin. if you have any questions i'd get ahold of M&H; who to know a product better than the people that make it personally i like the looks of the M3 progressive ramp and looks to be abit shallower than the M4 and M5

Old 10-13-2009, 11:14 AM
Diesel Fan

ok cool thanks guys ur all a great help. does nebody have a problem with theyre truck driveing for the first 15 mins of the first start & drive of the day? my truck does not wanna move when i first start it & i let it warm up for a while

Quick Reply: 12 valve help