1st Generation Dodge Cummins 89-93 Discussion of 12 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with Rotary Injection Pumps

rad support bushing

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 10:05 AM
Diesel Bomber
Received 86 Likes on 80 Posts
Default rad support bushing

so, i'm redoing an 89 cummins. been reading up and packing as much stuff as i can into my noggin, only prob is they ran this truck into the ground and then pure age. just put new fenders on and painted it, however i cant get the hood to close until i get new front rad support bushings. tried to order them through local parts stores and they said they ddnt have a listing, so to the dealership i went, got shafted b/c they apparently thought i said sway bar bushings, so i've been waiting for 7 days for parts that my truck never came with from the factory after that tid bit of info was brought to the surface, i then find out like everything else body related on the truck the factory doesnt make jack for the truck anymore, so... i'm high and dry and walking a little funny. currious to see if anyone has any leads for JUST the rad support bushings. i can get a kit from summit for the full bushing set but i dont feel like shelling out 75 bucks when it's said and done. and, if i didnt want to replace the radiator bi-monthly i'd just stack washers...

Old 07-23-2009, 05:50 AM
Diesel Bomber
Received 371 Likes on 264 Posts

Originally Posted by tower_ofpower
so, i'm redoing an 89 cummins. been reading up and packing as much stuff as i can into my noggin, only prob is they ran this truck into the ground and then pure age. just put new fenders on and painted it, however i cant get the hood to close until i get new front rad support bushings. tried to order them through local parts stores and they said they ddnt have a listing, so to the dealership i went, got shafted b/c they apparently thought i said sway bar bushings, so i've been waiting for 7 days for parts that my truck never came with from the factory after that tid bit of info was brought to the surface, i then find out like everything else body related on the truck the factory doesnt make jack for the truck anymore, so... i'm high and dry and walking a little funny. currious to see if anyone has any leads for JUST the rad support bushings. i can get a kit from summit for the full bushing set but i dont feel like shelling out 75 bucks when it's said and done. and, if i didnt want to replace the radiator bi-monthly i'd just stack washers...

washers and thick rubber matting is what we had to do to mine when we fixed the front crossmember......

Old 07-23-2009, 11:15 AM
Diesel Bomber
Received 86 Likes on 80 Posts

yeah, we have some mining belt, but i went to advance and got some upper shock mounts. they just had them laying around so freebie!!! i trimmed them slightly last night, haven't put them in yet, but they should do the trick. thanks logan.