1st Generation Dodge Cummins 89-93 Discussion of 12 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with Rotary Injection Pumps

GDS 60mm Inducer....

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2009, 03:01 AM
Diesel Bomber
Received 371 Likes on 264 Posts

Originally Posted by RSWORDS
I wouldn't go with a BB turbo Logan. They dont have the long term reliability of jornal bearings because of all the soot in our oils. If your set on one look at the EDGE Turbo on GDS. They are on sale brand new for like $600. They are made by turbonetics. Puddle_pirate on here got one and he seems to like it alot. Its only a 57 wheel but with the advances in wheel design ect it flows like a 60.

Then there is always the S300. A new 62/14 can be had for $1600. Or a used one in good shape for $750 if you look around. I would go this route. For your head gasket a goot re-torque to 120 ft/lbs will be fine for you.

Please dont P-Pump it... Buy a 2nd gen if you want a p-pump.
i already got one.....96 model, i planned on retorquing my bolts for right now cause i dont see my truck getting to insane with the boost.....how much better are the Edge chargers over say a PDR HX35??? they are both about the same price.....

Old 03-14-2009, 11:46 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

[/size][/color]
Here is a short before and after clip of the GDS 60 mm upgrade.

Just a stationary open turbo sound difference.

Last edited by Richie O; 03-15-2009 at 10:33 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 03-15-2009, 01:16 AM
Diesel Fan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The edge turbo is sweet so far. I have yet to tow anything with it, but I can say for driving around it is worlds beyond the H1C with a 14cm banks exhuast housing it replaced. (if that means anything) Before when I stomp it from a 4th gear 35mph role (1400) and the black smoke roles. Now the sucker won't hardly smoke at all, lugging it or not, the BB spools quick. Now for the soot issue and BB??? Maybe, but I have been inside, fairbanks morse, MTU, Cat, cummins and Mann diesels that all had Ball bearings used in some application of the engine. I swear there is a ball bearing spinning inside the B series some where,maybe timing gears, p-pump for the 2nd gen trucks. There not turnin 50,000 rpm, but there used. Running 5w-40 mobil delvac I can let the truck idle, get the egt's down to below 300, shut the truck off, get out and walk in the house and the shaft still hasn't stopped spinning. The sucker turns freely lets put it that way. They put a 1 year no questions asked warranty on it, but it's only rated to like 450 HP. You plan on making more than that? Go with what ever you can get your hands on for the best price, and quality.

Old 03-15-2009, 04:06 AM
Diesel Bomber

god if i was trying for a 450 VE'ed daily driver i would of skipped Kurt and went right to Brian Block.......i got to call Kurt back tonite to get a price on the turbo, is there anyone out there building a 3 inch crossover pipe for the trucks???

Old 03-16-2009, 09:43 AM
BOMBARDIER

Received 918 Likes on 537 Posts

Originally Posted by puddlepirate
The edge turbo is sweet so far. I have yet to tow anything with it, but I can say for driving around it is worlds beyond the H1C with a 14cm banks exhuast housing it replaced. (if that means anything) Before when I stomp it from a 4th gear 35mph role (1400) and the black smoke roles. Now the sucker won't hardly smoke at all, lugging it or not, the BB spools quick. Now for the soot issue and BB??? Maybe, but I have been inside, fairbanks morse, MTU, Cat, cummins and Mann diesels that all had Ball bearings used in some application of the engine. I swear there is a ball bearing spinning inside the B series some where,maybe timing gears, p-pump for the 2nd gen trucks. There not turnin 50,000 rpm, but there used. Running 5w-40 mobil delvac I can let the truck idle, get the egt's down to below 300, shut the truck off, get out and walk in the house and the shaft still hasn't stopped spinning. The sucker turns freely lets put it that way. They put a 1 year no questions asked warranty on it, but it's only rated to like 450 HP. You plan on making more than that? Go with what ever you can get your hands on for the best price, and quality.

Yeah justin but your dumping in ALOT more fuel than a stock set up.

---AutoMerged DoublePost---

Originally Posted by LOGANSTANFORTH
i already got one.....96 model, i planned on retorquing my bolts for right now cause i dont see my truck getting to insane with the boost.....how much better are the Edge chargers over say a PDR HX35??? they are both about the same price.....
Logan I think the Edges are like $650. HELL of a deal!

Last edited by RSWORDS; 03-16-2009 at 09:43 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 03-20-2009, 01:57 AM
Diesel Bomber

what downpipe does the edge turbo use and how much work is it gonna be to make it work on a non-intercooled truck........

Old 03-20-2009, 02:01 AM
Diesel Bomber
Received 103 Likes on 99 Posts

shouldnt be hard just turn the compressor housing, i would think

Old 03-20-2009, 07:23 AM
BOMBARDIER

Originally Posted by LOGANSTANFORTH
what downpipe does the edge turbo use and how much work is it gonna be to make it work on a non-intercooled truck........
Puddle Pirate will be here tonight. Hes flying in from alaska today so I'll ask. I'm pretty sure it comes with a 4" HX40 DownPipe. Get you a 4" expandit exhaust form Luke at diesel dawgs for $315. Leave out the 3" downpipe it comes with and use teh 4" that comes with turbo. Thats what I'm in the middle of right now. I'm just gonna use a short section of flex hose I think to attch them. The exhaust looks real nice too!

Old 03-20-2009, 10:57 AM
Diesel Bomber

thanks Bobby.....if Kurt cant get me something that cheap im going to order it here before too long........

Old 03-20-2009, 01:23 PM
BOMBARDIER

Is kurt from GDS?

I think GDS is just getting rid of old inventory.

Talk to Luke about hos exhaust. I'm digging mine so far.

Quick Reply: GDS 60mm Inducer....