1st Generation Dodge Cummins 89-93 Discussion of 12 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with Rotary Injection Pumps

What Do You Love About Your 1st Gen?

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2010, 12:55 AM
Diesel Fan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love how its paid off
I love that people at work have a spot on the end for me picked out on the end cause they got tired of having black spots on their cars
I love that my floor is an old stop sign i bolted down and sealed with roofing tar
The only problems ive had are from the last guy doing all the wiring himself
I love how i have to back into parking spaces cause of the lack of a turning radius
I love how we've used it as a search and resuce and a firetruck for my fd
I love when people ask if i have a programmer and i say a wrench and my right foot
I love the half crank start
I just love my truck

Old 09-14-2010, 07:18 PM
Diesel Fan

1. After a new tranny, rear end, flatbed, bearings and stuff all over, it has only cost me about 4000, and that's including buying the truck!
2. The way people don't like to be next to me on the freeway....they all seem scared in their subcompacts.
3. How it bucks out like a bronc when you hit the railroad tracks.
4. It always starts, always.
5. How easy it is to bomb (thanks 1st gen sticky).
6. How often I get offers to buy it, and there are a LOT of first gens around here.
7. The tata dance (and how hot the GF looks driving it).
8. The wagging tongues that I get from the 2nd and 3rd gen'rs on the highway, the best is when they chase you down to check your truck out.
9. It's mine!

Old 09-17-2010, 11:49 AM
Diesel Fan
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

1st gens start so nice.. barely bump the key and they fire up..any weather...!! I love how responsive the VE pump is...I know i cannot stand the feel of electronic injection pumps..soooo robotic feeling if ya get my drift! Body style just looks tough of course also!!

Old 09-19-2010, 08:28 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

trucks should be rectangular, not round, unless it's a pre-60's vintage. I was a few years late getting my financial chit together, and got a '98, but, my son's got a '90 Ramcharger that we're resurrecting as a 3/4T clattering SUV. ('92 6BT/gonna have '96 radiator/intercooler and A/C condenser)

Old 10-06-2010, 04:23 PM

i love mine cuz i paid 2800 bucks for mine an put 100 into it and it smokes every truck ive raced. and theyve all payed well over what i did and put tripple what i have into mine.

Old 10-09-2010, 05:00 AM
Diesel Fan
Default 92 beuty

I have a 92 first gen intercooled I just love the look of her she just screams dodge and the fact when she did go down i had all my neighbors over trying to help me get her going again and i just moved to Corpus Christi, TX everybody around here loves the truck and keeps on asking if i want to sell her and i say yes but for 20k thats how bad i want to sell her i had a friend look up how many 1st gen are in this town and with me theres only 2 and the others are gasso hopfully my son or daughter will enjoy getting an old relic to drive to and from school

Old 10-20-2010, 12:57 AM
Diesel Fan

Everything mentioned above. Especially the quad turboed supercharged windows and the way it shakes when you shut her down. And the fact that i get more chicks in my 1st gen than in my bright red convertable.

Old 10-25-2010, 01:05 PM
Diesel Fan

Originally Posted by TTipsword
ya know there are alot of good things bout our trucks but i do believe the greatest part, is when you look at the tag on the side of the door and read MADE IN U.S.A.!
Are you serious?? Mine says made in Mexico

Old 10-30-2010, 04:02 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i love that there is enough roomto smuggle trhee mexicans under the hood, nothing like the newer trucks which have no room to work on it

Old 11-03-2010, 11:52 AM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

heck ya man i can set my tool set little brother me and some drinks under the hood and still have plenty of room to show him what to do and how to tweak your pump when he buys one of my dads first gens

Quick Reply: What Do You Love About Your 1st Gen?