1st Generation Dodge Cummins 89-93 Discussion of 12 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with Rotary Injection Pumps

lookin for some info .

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2016, 02:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lookin for some info .

first is there a list of how many and what size lamps are on my 92 dodge d250 , i want to upgrade the whole truck to leds? and also i have the truck with the o/d button and the transmission that downshifts when you floor it is there any way to bypass that arrangement ? it can get really annoying after a while . thanks for your help

Old 07-16-2016, 03:44 PM
Diesel Fan

I regards to the trans downshifting, try to adjust your Transmission control cable up by the fuel pump and throttle linkage. If I remember it right bringing the cable towards the front of the truck will keep it from downshifting as often, other direction makes it DS more often.

Old 07-16-2016, 09:22 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

check out lmc truck for led lights, if you mash the petal in OD you want it to down shift, OD is not a gear you want all that torque to be hitting, but there is a procedure to adjust the down shift cable, i would start buy looking up that procedure

Old 07-17-2016, 06:07 AM

thanks for the replies , i also have seen a tps delete kit which puts a rheostat i think in the cab so you can adjust the od shift point . i just found some write ups on this and im gonna give it a try thanks again