1st Generation Dodge Cummins 89-93 Discussion of 12 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with Rotary Injection Pumps

Turning a single wheel bed into dually bed... Any advise?

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2012, 10:49 AM
Diesel Fan
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks again man. You're input is always welcome. What I had intended to do is buy the 8 to 8 lug spacers and bolt my adapters to them. I don't intend to really work this truck all that hard. I wanna keep it nice, I've kinda always had a soft spot for the first gens. If anything I'll be pulling a trailer with maybe a car on it. Otherwise it'll just be something nice to have and be able to look at and think "I did that"

Old 10-04-2012, 03:06 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 39 Likes on 25 Posts

I would probly try to buy the steel adapters, maybe from arrowcraft conversions or some like them, i would be afraid of the aluminum ones with big 22.5's on there.

but thats just me, there are probly lost of folks useing the aluminum adapters with good results.

all i'm asking is look into it a little before buying them, heck you could make them as far as that goes, i made my spacers out of 9 1/2 inch shaft stock/ stress proof.

be shure to keep us updated with pics. cause we like pics.

Darwin

Old 10-04-2012, 11:32 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Once I get my 8-10 lug adapters I'm going to check how much spacing I will need. Depending what aluminum you use, aluminum can be just as strong. But yah I'm sure everyone feels more secure with the steel spacers. Any ideas on how to upload pics via iPhone? I don't have Internet or anything at home. I'm never there n when I am, I don't spend it in the house haha. Ell I don't even have tv stations, big plasma tv n no stations haha!