12 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 94-98 Discussion of 12 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with P7100 Injection Pumps

newbe here

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2011, 05:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default newbe here

Hey all fellow bombers. I bought my 3rd truck in Febuary this year. It is a 98 12V auto. I had a 95 that had been bombed and loved it. I had to sell it in 2010 and couldn't wait to get another Cummings. My 98 is all stock except for a exhaust brake, which i am not sure works, and air bags. I heard the prior owner pulled a trailer and the 5th wheel holes are in the bed. It is a super clean truck and I have worked on the exterior some.

I smoked my tranny 2 weeks ago. The cooling lines rubbed together and I lost all tranny oil. I barely made it home from my out of town trip pulling my 16 foot enclosed trailer. So it is getting ready to come out of the tranny shop with a shift kit and a triple clutch converter. I am stoked because now that is something I don't have to worry about now as I start to bomb it. The shop owner said the tranny should hold around 1000 to 1200 ft lbs of torque.

I am going to start off with a cold air box and maybe intake with 4" exhaust. That is still a few months away as I need to recover from this tranny thing. Not sure what I need to do after those easy mods, but am looking forward to reading the forums and figuring it out with your guy's help.

See ya around the boards, Ed

Old 11-17-2011, 06:01 PM
Super Moderator
Received 1,052 Likes on 557 Posts

Originally Posted by droptop68
Hey all fellow bombers. I bought my 3rd truck in Febuary this year. It is a 98 12V auto. I had a 95 that had been bombed and loved it. I had to sell it in 2010 and couldn't wait to get another Cummings. My 98 is all stock except for a exhaust brake, which i am not sure works, and air bags. I heard the prior owner pulled a trailer and the 5th wheel holes are in the bed. It is a super clean truck and I have worked on the exterior some.

I smoked my tranny 2 weeks ago. The cooling lines rubbed together and I lost all tranny oil. I barely made it home from my out of town trip pulling my 16 foot enclosed trailer. So it is getting ready to come out of the tranny shop with a shift kit and a triple clutch converter. I am stoked because now that is something I don't have to worry about now as I start to bomb it. The shop owner said the tranny should hold around 1000 to 1200 ft lbs of torque.

I am going to start off with a cold air box and maybe intake with 4" exhaust. That is still a few months away as I need to recover from this tranny thing. Not sure what I need to do after those easy mods, but am looking forward to reading the forums and figuring it out with your guy's help.

See ya around the boards, Ed

Old 11-17-2011, 07:40 PM
Diesel Bomber
Received 47 Likes on 44 Posts