12 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 94-98 Discussion of 12 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with P7100 Injection Pumps

death wobble

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2011, 11:11 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sudia247
Ouch that doesnt sound very fun! atleast you became more aware of future possible problems! Yea it could have been the problem in your case. I havent seen every dodge, and every truck has its own problems so what I'm saying I know this 100% the way it might be. But I have driven with mine off with no problems, and I know many other dodges out there that have horrible rotted out sway bar bushing and they never had death wobble because of it.

Is usually starts out with a small amounts of play, but with a thousand pound engine thrashing about with the death wobble, it puts so much more strain on everything else.

Hopefully this problem is figured out soon!
Good to know man I got some friends who drive dodges i'll be sure to relay them the info. Thanks for letting me know im always glad to learn knew things. Just a quick question though why where you driving with it off for so long? But very true different trucks with different problems thought it might of been relevant to his problems but yeah i hope he figures it out!

Old 10-01-2011, 11:50 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by NeedinMoPWR
Good to know man I got some friends who drive dodges i'll be sure to relay them the info. Thanks for letting me know im always glad to learn knew things. Just a quick question though why where you driving with it off for so long? But very true different trucks with different problems thought it might of been relevant to his problems but yeah i hope he figures it out!
I left it off for more axle movement through its suspension path. I noticed a difference off road, but there is a lot more body roll. Its best if youre just going through bumpy trails at a low speed. Like real mild crawling, just livens it up some. The best thing would get a sway bar such as Carli's. Dodge Ram Suspension - Carli Torsion Sway Bar

Old 10-04-2011, 09:58 AM
Site Sponsor - 1aauto
Received 68 Likes on 66 Posts

How long ago did you do over the front end? What kind of parts were used? Also i have seen a steering stabilizer contribute to death wobble.... But never be the sole cause of it.

Old 10-04-2011, 10:59 AM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

well i did some snooping around under there and to my surprise the new tie rod end was shot brand new to and the culprit i believe was an extremely loose castle nut on the passenger upper ball joint oooopss thanks for the input unfortunately i don't or cant diagnose on the road because Im putting new doors fenders hood and bumper along with a bed on so i will get back to you guys maybe next week thank you again

Old 10-04-2011, 09:37 PM
Diesel Fan

glad you got it figured out

Old 10-06-2011, 02:25 PM
Site Sponsor - 1aauto

I have seen new parts wear out pretty quick before! So just because you replaced it recently def does not mean it is still good For future reference!

Old 10-06-2011, 11:15 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

ya i should have known better than to assume buttt i dont like paying for ball joints owww another thing do you know whats the best brand of steering or gear box stabilizer i should get i want to throw one on cuz of the play in the wheel i have and does it effect when i go to get an alinement?

Old 10-07-2011, 09:25 AM
Diesel Fan

Originally Posted by Al31031
ya i should have known better than to assume buttt i dont like paying for ball joints owww another thing do you know whats the best brand of steering or gear box stabilizer i should get i want to throw one on cuz of the play in the wheel i have and does it effect when i go to get an alinement?
Carli suspension for dodges i think

Old 10-07-2011, 01:18 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Al31031
You can get a nice Rancho stabilizer from the local auto parts store. about $50...Or Yes Carli is awesome but I dont know if they make anything straight bolt on for our years in the stabilizer department. But anything can be fabricated.

Old 10-10-2011, 04:26 PM
Site Sponsor - 1aauto

Originally Posted by Sudia247
You can get a nice Rancho stabilizer from the local auto parts store. about $50...Or Yes Carli is awesome but I dont know if they make anything straight bolt on for our years in the stabilizer department. But anything can be fabricated.
X2 A Rancho 5000 steering stabilizer will be perfectly fine. $50 sounds about right.