12 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 94-98 Discussion of 12 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with P7100 Injection Pumps

clutch

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2009, 04:05 PM
Diesel Bomber
Received 35 Likes on 34 Posts

I am not trying to get anybodies panties in a bunch but i think the reason that you dont see many big time trucks running valair is they havent been in the diesel pickup market as long as South Bend has. I also belive that South Bend does has great customer service just last week a buddy of mine with a 6 speed duramax was having problems with his double disk disengaging he sent it out to south bend to have it reconditioned but unfortunately they lost his clutch out there somewhere when he called and was asking about how his clutch was doing they told him that they couldnt find it and that he would be getting a new DD and flywheel sent out as soon as possible. the reason i went with valair was partly that south bend didnt offer a ceramic single and partly because i could get a clutch that held more power for 100-200 dollars less.

---AutoMerged DoublePost---

actually it was more like 250 bucks less

Last edited by 12valvetater; 07-27-2009 at 04:05 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-27-2009, 05:56 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

so uhhh how much could a guy get a valiar single clutch for like that? i might be in the market..

Old 07-27-2009, 09:41 PM
Diesel Bomber
Received 103 Likes on 99 Posts

i like valair

---AutoMerged DoublePost---

Originally Posted by Hammer
Valair clutches=Waste Of Time

And before anyone flames me on this I will ask them to do this as I do all the people who I chat with that have had issues with Valair Clutches....Ask yourself this...

How many known big power competition Cummins equipped trucks(drags,sled pull or dyno)can you name that run and advertise Valair Clutches?.

In 208,000 miles I have had two aftermarket clutches...
The first an old style EEP double disc which I abused daily on the street,with boosted launches,for a tad over 100k when the pressure plate broke.It has been since rebuilt and is sitting neatly in a box just in case its needed.

The second is a Haisley Machine Street/Drag double disc which now has almost 100k on it and has never been touched since its install.Its one of the sweetest driving doubles a guy who does only street driving can buy and still have it do what you want when you want it.

SBC makes a GREAT product and has one to fit eveyones needs and power.Their customer service is second to no one and Peter is also a top shelf guy.The only reason I went to the Haisley unit this time was the need for zero downtime.The local shop here had a Haisley in stock and they did the install and it kept me from not having a vehicle when I needed it most.
oh and buy the way, valair has only had dual disk clutches on the market for just under a year. i know they idnt offer one when i got mine last summer

Last edited by 94cummins12v; 07-27-2009 at 09:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-27-2009, 10:04 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I put a Valair DD in this year and have sled pulled, street raced it (not proud of that), boost launched in 3rd and power braked it and not one hiccup. I do know of several guys out there that have valair dd's and have close to 100,000 miles on them.

I'm not saying that one is better than the other, all i'm saying is that Valair was quite a bit cheaper and they have always went out of there way to help.

JMO!

Old 07-27-2009, 10:07 PM
Diesel Bomber

mine doesnt seem to be slipping its just the sound it makes at full throttle, i cant feal anything lettign loose at all, power braked it last night and it didnt make any noise, and it didnt shutter.

Old 07-27-2009, 10:13 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Could it be the throw out bearing??

Old 07-27-2009, 10:30 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BlackDodge
Could it be the throw out bearing??
Hey Black Dodge would you hear the throw out bearing squell with the clutch disengaged if it was going out?

Old 07-28-2009, 12:16 AM
Diesel Bomber

Originally Posted by relay93
Hey Black Dodge would you hear the throw out bearing squell with the clutch disengaged if it was going out?
if it were the throwout bearing it would make it with the clutch disengaged not enguaged. i know what that sounds like

Old 07-28-2009, 09:17 AM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

not always true my stock trow out bearing would only squell while dis-engaging the clutch. When the clutch was engaged it would stop.

Old 07-28-2009, 10:00 AM
Diesel Bomber

we must be talking about two different engagements. clutch enguaged is when your not touching the peddal and it is holding power. clutch disenguaged is when you enguage the pedal and the clutch releases.

Quick Reply: clutch