12 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 94-98 Discussion of 12 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with P7100 Injection Pumps

Torque Convertor Lock Up

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2009, 01:26 AM
Super Moderator

Received 332 Likes on 316 Posts

I got mine from bd.I had mine put in,and it's still stock.(tranny)I didn't install mine.To many wires and i had no idea where to run them.It doesn't hurt the tranny,The tranny just doesn't like it when it's turned on and your coming to a stop light and the tranny goes into first gear.But other than that i love it.

Old 06-27-2009, 10:33 AM
Diesel Bomber
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

how much was it

Old 06-27-2009, 10:34 AM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

i went to put mine in and found two orange and black wires goin into the middle plug and cant tell witch one i have to tap into for the torque converter.

Old 06-27-2009, 11:51 AM
Diesel Fan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i had a 95 and made my on with a 2$ switch from autozone i had a tci billet con,bd presure lock system, ats valve body it pulled like a champ. the valve body suck *** i changed it twice. then i got a valve body from bd. its was a 2wd. ill never buy anthing from All Total Sh i cant finsh writing that but that is what ats stands for

Old 06-27-2009, 11:14 PM
Super Moderator

Received 332 Likes on 316 Posts

Originally Posted by bowtech
how much was it
I had mine put in a couple years ago so i honestly don't remember.You can go to bd's web site and see.

Old 06-28-2009, 12:04 AM
Diesel Wrench
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

its not a hard install u just need a to leg switch a scotch lock and some wire. you connect the pin unhook the center bulkhead conector. find pin 11 i belive its a orange wire, you will see 2 orange, just use a paper clip and a volte meter to tone it out to make sure you have the correct orange wire, than you just scotch lock s wire to that into the cab, and use another wire from ground, than you hook to sitch, all it does is ground out the tc solinoid so it wll not unlock once your in a high enough gear. its easy, only takes 20 mins for a nice finshed job. or 5 min for a half azz job. good luck installing it, if you need better instructions let me know. i can write them when its day and not 1 in the morning.

Old 06-29-2009, 07:38 AM
Diesel Wrench
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

ok here's how you do it.all you nee is a plain jane toggle switch.behind the air filter you will see a control module.unplug the middle one.it's the bottom left wire,it's black and orange.on the pin side of the plug you will see a tiny 11 marked on the plug.splice into that wire and run it to one side of your toggle switch.now run a wire from the other side of the switch to a good ground(i used the battery).lastly take the cover off the box behind the battery,find the tranny relay.it'll be the one closest to the fender on the left.remove the relay and put a jumper wire on the two terminals on the left.put the cover back on and plug the module back up and enjoy

Old 06-29-2009, 07:58 AM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Im thinking of doin this. Just got a stupid question. How do you guys use it. Do i have to always switch in on and off when i am stoping and starting off.

Old 06-29-2009, 08:26 AM
Diesel Wrench
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

you don't leave it on all the time.when you get to speed you turn it off.if you're racing,switch it on when the truck goes into second,leave it on till ig goes into over-dive then turn it off.it will stay locked up cause it normally does in o.d.and yes it has to be off when stop or it will stall the motor.same with pulling,if you're goin up a hill and you need a little more umph,switch it on,them when you get over the hill switch it off.

Old 06-29-2009, 09:14 AM
Diesel Bomber
Received 157 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by jumpnjed
Im thinking of doin this. Just got a stupid question. How do you guys use it. Do i have to always switch in on and off when i am stoping and starting off.
be carefull with it if you do install it, if your trans is mostly stock you could break something very easy.

Quick Reply: Torque Convertor Lock Up