12 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 94-98 Discussion of 12 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with P7100 Injection Pumps

valve body and tc

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2008, 10:06 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default valve body and tc

whats the best tc and valve body for my set up. i wont be doin any thing else to the truck. or at least i dont plan on it. i would like to take it to the track a few times to show it off. ohhhh well i plan on a 4000gsk and spring kit. but thats it i swear. or until i get bit by the bug again..... after the convertor, valvebody,gsk,and spring kit. what will i tear up? is it safe to race with the convertor lockup switch on?

Old 10-28-2008, 10:21 PM
BOMBARDIER

Received 338 Likes on 289 Posts

georends is a great tc. the valve body i dont know about yet.

Eddie

Old 10-29-2008, 11:34 AM
FormerVendor
Received 136 Likes on 121 Posts

A tc and VB wll make the bug bite. Add 4K and it will just dig in.

I love my Goerend best upgrade I have ever added to any truck. A lot of people will tell you to go with goerend/ The warranty on a tc is second to none some other to look at would be suncoast, DTT and NADP. I’m sure there are some im not thinking of.

Old 10-29-2008, 01:39 PM
Banned
Received 3,297 Likes on 1,640 Posts

You just need a TFOD transgo Shift kit your VB , Get a nice converter and have the TFOD put in your VB and you will be fine

Old 10-29-2008, 09:39 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

go w/ shift kit and i got a custom 4 disc billitt w/ all the goodies from red line converters out of phoenix,az all only cost me 750 bucks, pm me if ya want their number, and they stand behind their warranty unconditionaly,just remember EVERYBODY gets their parts from the same places for converters, but for a tranny build up go w/ gorends

Old 09-28-2010, 06:47 PM
Diesel Bombers Sponsor

Originally Posted by gone ropin
go w/ shift kit and i got a custom 4 disc billitt w/ all the goodies from red line converters out of phoenix,az all only cost me 750 bucks, pm me if ya want their number, and they stand behind their warranty unconditionaly,just remember EVERYBODY gets their parts from the same places for converters.
No offense intended, not everybody does at all!!!

This thread is about 2 yrs old. If they are still standing, Red Line is not easy to find. This was the only search engine result available for contacting Red Line today. Please e-mail or pm their current number, if available. (Anyone reading this--please)

Converter problems that cause contamination are a huge potential problem and risk to all new replacement converters, transmissions and parts.

Clean up cost is far more than what you think you'll be saving when converter failure causes wide spread contamination and creates chain reaction failure of other parts.

Actually not everyone uses the same common parts in their converters at all. Many, but not all. All top quality converters sell for up to $1400. They is a very good reason why converter prices range from $350-$1400...Quality.

Use extreme caution when a deal seems to good to be true...

We redesigned, fitted pro-types and tested new parts in use today for a defense contractor during 2006-2007. They also have a large automotive division. We were rewarded for our success as their guest @ The Performance Race Industry trade show. P.R.I. is the elite world of Formula 1, Indy car, Nascar, and Top Fuel dragsters. The elite welcomed us as 1 of the very few reps there for diesel performance. Photos were prohibited in most areas. It's the same way at every race teams shop... You can't call or e-mail Coca Cola and get their soda recipes either.

The Notice most everybody never gets to see in a lifetime.

During 2007 we released our own custom converter designs. They are patent protected investments in technology. We tested them for 2 years before releasing them. Today, they have withstood the test of time, extreme use and much more! Our prowler class converters are the only diesel converters to bring real high performance below the $800 price range.

There is no cheap in High Performance.

Roush Racing Engines. Thanks, for allowing photos J.

~

Old 09-28-2010, 07:04 PM
Diesel Bomber
Received 47 Likes on 44 Posts

how much for triple disk for a 47rh? how much torque will it hold?

Old 09-29-2010, 08:40 AM
Diesel Bombers Sponsor

Originally Posted by monster12valve
how much for triple disk for a 47rh? how much torque will it hold?

Please contact our office directly for the 47rh converters. We want to keep the forums themselves mostly discussion based with an occasional exception.

Here's a link to our sponsor section for brief ?'s, contact info etc. For detailed questions, and pricing, contact us directly. Thank you.