12 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 94-98 Discussion of 12 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with P7100 Injection Pumps

Oil filter block

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2018, 10:20 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oil filter block

Forgive my lack of poor terminology, but I’m playing Ring Around the Rosey fixing for oil leaks. Tappet cover and valve towers done. The block on the lower right front which has the oil filter and line to the turbo is leaking below the filter sealing area somewhere. It’s just a cake of old oil now. Transmission is out right now, but when that’s back in, I would like to get this truck house-broke enough to park on concrete and not look a Harley (no offense) convention was there. I will pressure wash and watch but asking in advance for any likely leak areas.

Thanks much in advance for any suggestions.
Eric

Old 04-05-2018, 05:30 PM
Diesel Bomber
Received 59 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by Ekvhekvh
I would like to get this truck house-broke enough to park on concrete and not look a Harley (no offense) convention was there.
It's a 12V, so that's sort of like saying you have little chihuahua you'd like to stop yipping. That said, There's not a whole lot it can be over there so check back after you've pressure washed it off and checked it again.