12 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 94-98 Discussion of 12 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with P7100 Injection Pumps

Fouled injectors

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2018, 02:35 PM
Diesel Wrench
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Fouled injectors

So this project is like 3 years in the making, 1 machine shop screwed up the re sleeve of the block and it’s taken 2-1/2 years to correct it and rebuild. I finally got it running a month ago but it has a miss, I taken the injectors out 4 times now- everytime there are at least 3 bad ones. I have access to a pop tester so I was cleaning and fixing them myself but everytime the truck runs great for about 5 minuets and then the miss comes back. The last time I took the injectors to an actual injector shop, they horned the nozzles out and put them back together professionally.
This time the truck ran great, better than ever...... for about 5 minuets and then it started missing again. I went as far as dropping the tank 2 tries ago and getting rid of all the old diesel, changed the fuel filter, replaced the pick up assembly and flushed the lines out.

My next thought is rip all the rubber lines out but they are armor lock 100psi fuel injection hose so I don’t know why they would go bad and start deteriorating.

Has anyone ever came across a problem like this???? I’m losing it over here