12 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 94-98 Discussion of 12 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with P7100 Injection Pumps

Brake issues????

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2017, 08:52 AM
Diesel Fan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brake issues????

Little history, April of this year i replaced front rotors, pads, wheel bearings, rear drums, rear shoes and new spring kit. Beginning of July the truck shook so bad in the rear when i went to stop that i took the drums off to find out they were warped...bad. Bought new drums and shoes, had the drums turned to make sure they were true and put them on. Beginning of October truck shakes so bad when stopping and sometimes driving that my a pillar guages come off. Now the rotors on the front are warped and the rear locks up when braking. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Ive owned the truck 10 years and this is the first time ive ever had brake problems like this.

Old 12-16-2017, 12:37 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do you work your brakes hard towing? stock 2nd gen brakes suck, if your warping them you probably should get and exhaust brake and you could get slotted rotors. They could only have warped from heat. Does it feel like they are sticking? that makes heat very quick. once you replace the brakes again jack it up and make sure you have free rotation periodically, sounds like they are dragging for some reason to me. best of luck!