12 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 94-98 Discussion of 12 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with P7100 Injection Pumps

4x4 tcase/actuator problem.

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2017, 04:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4x4 tcase/actuator problem.

I got a 97 ext cab 4x4. Last month it was an auto now it's a 5 speed. I got the trans and tcase from an 01. Had a shop rebuild both. My problem is I can't get my axel to disengage. My lines are all new. And the unit on the axel isnt broken. It works just fine if I swap my lines back in forth it will release. I pulled the actuator out of the t case. And pressed in the ball bearing and released. I got vacuum in both lines this time and my 4x4 engage and released great. So the problem is the t case is either not making contact with the actuator while moving from 2 to 4. Or it is making contact the whole time. Either way my t case isn't working properly with my actuator and not sure why. That and when I stuck my finger in the actuator whole while in 2 and 4 it felt the same. I could just touch the arm that hits the actuator. Seems like a problem internally to me.

Old 09-04-2017, 04:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Also I pulled and installed the actuator in both 2 and 4. And it didn't feel like the actuator ever came in to contact with the lever that is supposed to hit the actuator. Is there different size actuators out there. Maybe it has shorter unit in there and that's my problem.