12 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 94-98 Discussion of 12 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with P7100 Injection Pumps

1995 2500 4x4 Reg Cab Trade

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2016, 07:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1995 2500 4x4 Reg Cab Trade

I have cross posted this on other forums too...just to get more input.

Hello, I was wondering if I could get some input from everyone. I have the opportunity to trade a 2004 Miller Bobcat 225 Welding machine for a 1995 4x4 2500 Reg Cab Auto....the truck has 412,XXX miles and the front suspension was rebuilt about 10k miles ago. Now there is an issue with the trans, but I believe it to be the governor in the tail shaft of the trans, it has first gear and reverse. The truck runs and has been sitting for a little over a year, the paint is faded and there are a few dings on the body but not much. Oh, and the tail gate is missing.

The back right window on the sliding glass is broken and the front main seal is leaking on the engine. With the window being broken some rain water has gotten to the truck and messed up the carpet. Other than the usual things, dash, batteries etc...those are the only real issues with the truck.

He wants to trade with some boot money, but given the condition of the Miller, 85hrs and garage kept I think straight across would be a good deal for both of us. I was just wondering what some of you guys might do.

Would you get the truck or sell the welder and try to find something comparable??

Old 03-10-2016, 03:56 AM
Super Moderator

Received 332 Likes on 316 Posts

Personally I would sell the welder and look for another truck. She is going to need some TLC to get her back up and going. And then ceiling is coming off also. And you would also need to check to see if the killer dowel pin has been dealt with. She could be fixed up.
If you want the truck, I would do a straight swap.
Plus the front bumper has been tweeked.

Old 03-12-2016, 11:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, so I went out and checked all the fluids. Removed the old oil filter and cut it open to check the pleats. It all looked really good. Installed a new filter some batteries. Siphoned out some fuel and checked to make sure it was ok....it smelled good and looked good. So, here is a video of it.....

Old 03-16-2016, 11:04 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That looks pretty solid, just dirty and taken for granted. Still would give it a second thought if anything would fail soon and cause you headache.

The following users liked this post:
Frogman (03-17-2016)