12 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 94-98 Discussion of 12 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with P7100 Injection Pumps

94 injector install

Old 08-07-2014, 11:39 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 94 injector install

hi everyone kinda new to the forum i recently bought a 94 2500 reg cab lb 2wd it has a few mods done it has already been studded and got new pistons and rings and bearing all the way around im having a problem at idle its hazing really bad now supposedly the injectors were replaced with 100hp sticks but i think they just did nozzles and a little bit of a popping sound in nuetrel and when you go to take off one of my buddies runs a diesel shop and says that its the pump timing by the discrption i gave him another shop said its my injectors the truck has 343k on the body im just looking for advice i was looking at some DAP injectors and im not sure what size i need eventually i will put a bigger turbo on it. the trans is taken care of i have a garmon stage 2 trans. any help would be wonderful this forum is amazing my delimma is i need the truck for this following weekend the shop siad i could drop it off monday and have it by the end of the week how much should an injector install cost i got quoted 150 to 175 to time my pump.

Old 08-08-2014, 05:05 AM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Injectors are an easy install, simple to do with hand tools. Pump timing really seems to vary. Up here we have shops that do it for $75.

Old 08-08-2014, 06:30 AM
Diesel Bomber
Received 157 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by Alfred Bruce Millett
hi everyone kinda new to the forum i recently bought a 94 2500 reg cab lb 2wd it has a few mods done it has already been studded and got new pistons and rings and bearing all the way around im having a problem at idle its hazing really bad now supposedly the injectors were replaced with 100hp sticks but i think they just did nozzles and a little bit of a popping sound in nuetrel and when you go to take off one of my buddies runs a diesel shop and says that its the pump timing by the discrption i gave him another shop said its my injectors the truck has 343k on the body im just looking for advice i was looking at some DAP injectors and im not sure what size i need eventually i will put a bigger turbo on it. the trans is taken care of i have a garmon stage 2 trans. any help would be wonderful this forum is amazing my delimma is i need the truck for this following weekend the shop siad i could drop it off monday and have it by the end of the week how much should an injector install cost i got quoted 150 to 175 to time my pump.
If your near me I could take a look at it if you would like.

It would really help if you knew more info on the pistons and injectors that were put in

Old 08-08-2014, 12:17 PM
Diesel Fan

yeah im starting to hate that i bought a truck with ? on brand etc under the hood i checked today and its definatly making oil witch leads me to believe the injectors are bad and possibly not pump timing

Old 08-08-2014, 08:37 PM
Diesel Bomber
Received 142 Likes on 136 Posts

the lift pump diaphram is blown .. that will cause it to make oil .... more than likley the LP not Inj's ..

Please fill out sig so we know what you know about your set up ..

Old 08-09-2014, 04:11 AM
Diesel Fan

still doesnt explain the popping exhuast sound i have a fass on it i believe the factory lift pump is bypassed

Search this Thread