12 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 94-98 Discussion of 12 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with P7100 Injection Pumps

One of those ah *@#! moments

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2014, 04:47 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default One of those ah *@#! moments

All my parts were in so went at the truck yesterday. Started to run out of time so decided to retorque the factory bolts and wait until my turbo comes to do the head bolts. Well that bit me in the rear hard. Snapped off number 5 and spent the next hour and a half trying different things to get her out. Finally got it but was losing light so back at it this morning. Now thankfully all buttoned up and going. Runs so much quite after the 60lb springs and top set. I am not sure if the springs have anything to do with it but I plan to make a top set part of my spring maintenance each year. The 5x.012's are smokey but still clean up with the stock turbo and can be driven clean with a proper pedal application. I can't wait to throw a turbo at it and go from there.

Old 06-29-2014, 06:22 PM
Diesel Bomber
Received 142 Likes on 136 Posts

Yeah the stock head bolts are not- retorque able .. new you might be able to do that , But, if there in any leinght of time there a take out and replace ..