Diesel Bombers SIGN UP NOW

National Association of Diesel Motorsports
Go Back   Diesel Bombers > Dodge Cummins > 24 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 98.5-02
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Registered Members don't see these ads. Register now it's free!

24 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 98.5-02 Discussion of 24 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with VP44 Injection Pumps

Welcome to Diesel Bombers Forums!
Welcome to DieselBombers .com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Diesel Bombers Forums community today!

ok got a new clutch put in tonight and when i push the clutch in it will nopt let me put it in gear just like it is not disengaging to let me put it into gear. what could be wrong? do i need to ... JOIN NOW TO REMOVE TRACER

submit to reddit

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-20-2010, 07:27 PM
Diesel Wrench

Default Clutch not disengaging?

ok got a new clutch put in tonight and when i push the clutch in it will nopt let me put it in gear just like it is not disengaging to let me put it into gear. what could be wrong? do i need to bleed the hydraulics maybe?

98dodgecummins's Sig:2001 dodge cummins ext cab short bed. white, 5 inch exhaust 7 inch tip, autometer gauges fuel, boost, egt, power puck. moto metal wheels. south bend rally clutch, fass ddrp fuel pump. newer injection pump.
Old 11-20-2010, 07:46 PM
High Tech Redneck

Jacob Boness

What clutch is it?

Red_Rattler's Sig:JAKE

DIESEL BOMBERS SUPER MODERATOR

CLICK HERE FOR SPONSORSHIP INFORMATION
CLICK HERE TO BECOME A PREMIUM MEMBER AKA BOMBARDIER
03Flame Red 2500 4x4 QuadCab Handshaker HO,Kore HP Kit, Smarty REVO, AIRDOG II 165, Banks TechniCooler, K&N FIPK, MBRP Cool Duals 6inch tips, GunSlinger Pistol Grip Shifter, SRT Inine 6 Hood, Jacobs Brake

95 2500 4X4 Ext Cab Handshaker "BUCKN' BADGER"
Old 11-20-2010, 07:50 PM
Diesel Wrench

an oreilly clutch
Old 11-20-2010, 07:58 PM
High Tech Redneck

Jacob Boness

Just looked at their site and all they listed was center force or hays. Anyways How does it feel when u push the pedal in? The fork might be binding up and no allowing the pilot bearing to move. The resivor for the slave is full?
Old 11-20-2010, 08:10 PM
Diesel Wrench

yes the resovior is full and it feels like the clutch is really soft
Old 11-21-2010, 12:00 AM
Diesel Enthusiast

View Member's Albums View Member's FaceBook Profile View Member's Youtube Account

you need to bleed the hyd line to the slave cylinder, what sucks is there isn't a bleeder valve or anything like that. leave the cap off the clutch master cylinder reservoir and start pumping the clutch. you will see air bubbles coming out of it and the clutch will start feeling more solid. should fix your problem

cummins24's Sig:2002.5 Ram 2500 qcsb 4x4, 5" TBE, Isspro gauges, S&B CAI, S&B intake manifold, DDP 200s, Superchips D Box, Airdog 150, leveled

2005 Ram 3500 AFE intake, Isspro gauges, 5" cat-back exhaust, Dr. Performance Stage 2 chip
Old 11-21-2010, 04:14 AM
Diesel Bomber

If bleeding the slave cylinder doesn't fix it, you might have somehow not gotten the clutch fork lined up right or it could be stuck on the shaft of the trans, seen both happen. A way you can check is to remove the slave cylinder and take a doweel rod of a big punch and push in on the clutch fork, if it moves freely than its the slave, it it binds then its the fork. Now it will take some pressure to move it, that's normal but it should be moveable

dukeboy_318's Sig:99 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 Cummins; other than that, IM NOT TELLING HAHAHAHAHAHA
Old 11-21-2010, 09:32 AM
Diesel Wrench

ill try that thank you guys.

submit to reddit