Diesel Bombers SIGN UP NOW

National Association of Diesel Motorsports
Go Back   Diesel Bombers > Dodge Cummins > 12 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 94-98
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Registered Members don't see these ads. Register now it's free!

12 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 94-98 Discussion of 12 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with P7100 Injection Pumps

Welcome to Diesel Bombers Forums!
Welcome to DieselBombers .com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Diesel Bombers Forums community today!

Im wondering where to source the line pressure so i can check my line pressures after i install my new converter .... and with a low stall converter whatthose pressures should be ?... JOIN NOW TO REMOVE TRACER

submit to reddit

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-20-2013, 03:39 PM
Diesel Bomber

View Member's Albums

Default trans pressure adjustments

Im wondering where to source the line pressure so i can check my line pressures after i install my new converter .... and with a low stall converter whatthose pressures should be ?
Old 05-21-2013, 03:48 AM
Super Moderator

View Member's Albums View Member's Youtube Account

john,did you get the text i sent you. I have a book for your tranny.
and i know where to hook your gauge up at.

97cummins's Sig:
Old 05-22-2013, 02:12 PM
Diesel Bomber

View Member's Albums

yes i got the text .... a bit late but i got it .....

antone else got it that can explain it in quick lamens terms ?
Old 05-28-2013, 12:53 AM
Super Moderator

how you liken your new torque convertor john
Old 05-28-2013, 08:20 PM

i just had a dual disk and valvebody installed and am kinda curious about the pressure my self.
Old 05-28-2013, 08:29 PM
Diesel Bomber

View Member's Albums

ok so I like to new conv. ..... on that note she still shifts not so good .... waiting too long to shift into 3rd and then into OD/ lock up ....... it seems to like to shift near 2700-2850 for some reason .....

we ( me and 97 Cummins ) adjusted the smaller allen head 2 turns out , and no other adjustments .... the 1-2 shift is firm and the 2-3 shift is better ... but all in all she needs to shift at lower RPM's ..... shift kit maybe ? ... I dont beleive I nee an entire valve body to solve this issue ...I have bombed many 727 toqrue flight transmissions with just a shoift kit but not sure if the pressures would work the exact same or gimmie the same results ???

any one know ?? with out spending more than 200 bucks I should be able to make it shift better I think... maybe
Old 05-29-2013, 05:26 AM
Super Moderator

We need to figure out what pressures your at when your transmission is shifting.
Or you should call and talk to chuck at the power shop and see what he says.
Old 05-29-2013, 07:15 AM

Have you tried adjusting your tv cable? Mine was shifting very light and early, so I adjusted it about 1/4" and it after that it would hurt your neck and shift at about 2500rpm WOT. I had to move it back some...it only takes a very small adjustment to make a big difference.

cummins937's Sig:1996 dodge 3500 12 valve cummins, built auto, triple disk converter, free mods

submit to reddit