KEL-TEC - Diesel Bombers

The Sportsmen's Lounge The New Guns, Knifes, Hunting & Fishing Section

KEL-TEC

Reply

 
 
 
  #1  
Old 10-28-2017, 10:24 AM
gunman41mag's Avatar
Moderator
Thread Starter
Join Date: May 2008
Location: MIAMI, FLORIDA
Posts: 70,505
Thanked 9,083 Times in 5,809 Posts
Default KEL-TEC

Ok I'm tired of KEL-TEC making crappy guns, I bought a "USED" KEL-TEC PF9 9mm, it's a single shot jammer, every one knows KEL-TEC has a lifetime warranty, so i called them & they told me I have to have a receipt & be the original !! I told him, That it looks like the mag release isn't locking the mag in place, he said send the gun in & $65 to pay for the fix.
I've bought 4 kel-tec guns & only one has been good, The two SUB-2000 i bought were junk, both of those guns blew up in my son's & my hands, the only kel-tec that hasn't crapped out is my KSG 12 gauge, but it's hard to screw up a pump action shotgun. My buddy bought a new kel-tec 380 & it was a single shot 380. N E V E R again will i buy a KEL-TEC product !!!
 
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-19-2017, 07:11 PM
gunman41mag's Avatar
Moderator
Thread Starter
Join Date: May 2008
Location: MIAMI, FLORIDA
Posts: 70,505
Thanked 9,083 Times in 5,809 Posts
Default

I'll never buy another kel-tec again
 
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-20-2017, 10:39 AM
Bigg Redd's Avatar
Diesel Bomber
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: TEXAS
Posts: 2,037
Thanked 199 Times in 189 Posts
Default

Gunman, kel-tec has NEVER been worth a ****. In fact, saying that kel-tec is a POS is actually degrading to the turd. The turd ranks higher........
 
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bigg Redd For This Useful Post:
gunman41mag (11-20-2017)
  #4  
Old 11-20-2017, 11:18 AM
gunman41mag's Avatar
Moderator
Thread Starter
Join Date: May 2008
Location: MIAMI, FLORIDA
Posts: 70,505
Thanked 9,083 Times in 5,809 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Bigg Redd View Post
Gunman, kel-tec has NEVER been worth a ****. In fact, saying that kel-tec is a POS is actually degrading to the turd. The turd ranks higher........
But now kel-tec will only honor their lifetime warranty if you're the original owner with a receipt, and we all know that the kel-tec is going to break or jam
 
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-22-2017, 08:29 AM
gunman41mag's Avatar
Moderator
Thread Starter
Join Date: May 2008
Location: MIAMI, FLORIDA
Posts: 70,505
Thanked 9,083 Times in 5,809 Posts
Default

My cousin fixed the kel-tec PF9, i had to buy the part from kel-tec, the mag release was made out of plastic & it worn out, the new mag release is made of metal, hopefully the jamming will be cure now.
 
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-23-2017, 03:07 AM
Diesel Fan
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 21
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

My PMR30 works fine. I even use the 30gt vmax in it. On it, loading the mag is a pain in the butt. However, loading it properly is the key to reliability. Put 3 in, smack on the bottom of your shoe and repeat... My 7 year old doesn't have a problem with limp wristing.
 
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-23-2017, 06:31 AM
gunman41mag's Avatar
Moderator
Thread Starter
Join Date: May 2008
Location: MIAMI, FLORIDA
Posts: 70,505
Thanked 9,083 Times in 5,809 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by StkZuk View Post
My PMR30 works fine. I even use the 30gt vmax in it. On it, loading the mag is a pain in the butt. However, loading it properly is the key to reliability. Put 3 in, smack on the bottom of your shoe and repeat... My 7 year old doesn't have a problem with limp wristing.
Other guns you don't need to put 3 rounds & smack the bottom to get it to function
 
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-23-2017, 11:50 PM
Diesel Fan
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 21
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by gunman41mag View Post
Other guns you don't need to put 3 rounds & smack the bottom to get it to function
You are correct, if you are loading a PMR 30 mag there is a chance you are planning on shooting one. You didn't opt to shoot "other guns".... Just shoot your 22mag glock with a 30rnd mag...

It works great if you play by the rules. I can't say anything for their other products. I do know there are many happy and disappointed owners no matter what you buy.

I hate glock by the way..
 

Last edited by StkZuk; 11-23-2017 at 11:52 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-24-2017, 02:51 AM
gunman41mag's Avatar
Moderator
Thread Starter
Join Date: May 2008
Location: MIAMI, FLORIDA
Posts: 70,505
Thanked 9,083 Times in 5,809 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by StkZuk View Post
You are correct, if you are loading a PMR 30 mag there is a chance you are planning on shooting one. You didn't opt to shoot "other guns".... Just shoot your 22mag glock with a 30rnd mag...

It works great if you play by the rules. I can't say anything for their other products. I do know there are many happy and disappointed owners no matter what you buy.

I hate glock by the way..
While i'm not a Glock fan boy, glock seem to go bang when you pull the trigger without jamming, something that seem rare with a kel-tec, also you don't hear people bragging about the kel-tec accuracy !! Last thing i want to say about kel-tec is there's no pride in ownership.
 
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12-13-2017, 08:14 AM
gunman41mag's Avatar
Moderator
Thread Starter
Join Date: May 2008
Location: MIAMI, FLORIDA
Posts: 70,505
Thanked 9,083 Times in 5,809 Posts
Default

I'll sell or trade the kel-tec and use the Taurus PT-709
 
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.