5.9 Liter CR Dodge Cummins 03-07 Discussion of 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with Common Rail Injection

Seat Belt Light Mod/ Seat Belt Ding

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2017, 07:27 AM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts
Default Seat Belt Light Mod/ Seat Belt Ding

My seatbelt ding was driving me crazy, there are many threads that have instructions for cycling the key with the belt buckled/unbuckled to kill the dinging. After trying this many times unsuccessfully it took a while to find another solution to make it stop.

Under the drivers seat, if looking from the drivers floor board back left connection is for the seat belt light/alarm. To disconnect slide the red clip back/away from the piece it slides into. Push on tab and seperate. Once separated you can look inside the connection coming from the front of the truck and see two prongs. Use a female spade connector to slide over prongs. Viola! I used a piece of electrical tape to cover the connector and ensure it doesn't slide off. No more ding and no more light!

This would have been faster to do than toggling the key and has also disabled the horn in reverse with the door open for my truck- winning