General Diesel Related Tech Articles For all things that pertain to Diesel.

3rd Gen Tech: Black out Taillights

 
 
 
 
  #11  
Old 01-09-2009, 12:18 PM
Cummins97's Avatar
Diesel Bomber
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Missouri
Posts: 1,232
Received 43 Likes on 37 Posts
Default

Sweet! I like em!




Now to make a set of smoke tinted head lights
 
  #12  
Old 01-09-2009, 04:00 PM
wildcat's Avatar
Diesel Wrench
Thread Starter
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Black Canyon City,AZ
Posts: 683
Received 80 Likes on 56 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Captain Call View Post
I like it Bill.....maybe I can con you into helping me do this if I ever pass through Phoenix. Looks sharp!
Absolutely, Dustin! We'll do watever mods you want that we have time for!
 
  #13  
Old 01-09-2009, 04:09 PM
DIRTYMAX2004's Avatar
Diesel Bomber
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: New Salem, ND
Posts: 1,192
Received 81 Likes on 42 Posts
Default

I LIKE IT!! what is the brand of paint you used???
 
  #14  
Old 01-10-2009, 03:23 PM
94cummins12v's Avatar
Diesel Bomber
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Havre mt
Posts: 4,525
Received 103 Likes on 99 Posts
Default

sweet deal im going to do that to all my lights
 
  #15  
Old 01-10-2009, 03:36 PM
bobcat67's Avatar
Diesel Bomber
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Bozeman, MT
Posts: 1,222
Received 140 Likes on 106 Posts
Default

Bill you're a knucklehead, just kidding kinda, I like the look, how would that look on an 06? Ind is that a farmboy's exhaust Bill?
 
  #16  
Old 01-10-2009, 04:07 PM
wildcat's Avatar
Diesel Wrench
Thread Starter
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Black Canyon City,AZ
Posts: 683
Received 80 Likes on 56 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by bobcat67 View Post
Bill you're a knucklehead, just kidding kinda, I like the look, how would that look on an 06? Ind is that a [CENSORED] exhaust Bill?
Your words. They hurt.

Ty --><--Bill

You are just Jealous, Ty! My truck is Rockin!

As far as how they would look on a 2006, it would depend on the truck and the look you are going for. If you are blacking out the truck (No Chrome) they would look good.

The exhaust can be purchased ON THIS FORUM from lukesdiesel at Diesel Dawgs Performance, one of the sponsors here!
 
  #17  
Old 01-10-2009, 05:17 PM
bobcat67's Avatar
Diesel Bomber
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Bozeman, MT
Posts: 1,222
Received 140 Likes on 106 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
Your words. They hurt.

Ty --><--Bill

You are just Jealous, Ty! My truck is Rockin!

As far as how they would look on a 2006, it would depend on the truck and the look you are going for. If you are blacking out the truck (No Chrome) they would look good.

The exhaust can be purchased ON THIS FORUM from lukesdiesel at Diesel Dawgs Performance, one of the sponsors here!
I'm stickin to my straight pipe w/ 7" tip for now, and mine is a little to white with to much chrome to go for the blacked out look and i don't have the funds to go all black now that i'm pretty much chrome haha, and as soon as I get pics you'll see my truck isn't exactly not rockin either
 
  #18  
Old 02-03-2009, 09:48 AM
CumminsTurbo22's Avatar
Diesel Enthusiast
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Mundelein, IL
Posts: 284
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default

Bill, i just saw this write up. Great work!
i have question tho that i didnt see. What Grit sandpaper did you use?
I would like to see the headlights done as well if possible.
I need your write up so i can pursue this.
and no problem with the cops on this?
Nick
 
  #19  
Old 02-03-2009, 04:27 PM
wildcat's Avatar
Diesel Wrench
Thread Starter
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Black Canyon City,AZ
Posts: 683
Received 80 Likes on 56 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by CumminsTurbo22 View Post
Bill, i just saw this write up. Great work!
i have question tho that i didnt see. What Grit sandpaper did you use?
I would like to see the headlights done as well if possible.
I need your write up so i can pursue this.
and no problem with the cops on this?
Nick
No sandpaper, Nick!!

Use a Scotchbrite pad (You know, the Green scrubbing pads? Well, I guess some of them are maroon/brown or whatever.)

I plan on doing the head lights, just takin my time with that one...

Absolutely no problems with the cops in my area so far... (Arizona)
Been done almost a year now...
 
The following users liked this post:
CumminsTurbo22 (02-04-2009)
  #20  
Old 02-03-2009, 05:45 PM
oklahoma_6speed's Avatar
Diesel Enthusiast
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: adair ok
Posts: 346
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Default

i did my 2001 tail lights...... i likem...... that wAS a good write up.... thanks....
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 3rd Gen Tech: Black out Taillights


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.