Ford Powerstroke 2011-Up 6.7L Discussion of 6.7 Liter Ford Powerstroke Turbo Diesels

Torque Technologies T1

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2014, 07:02 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Torque Technologies T1

Took the plunge after seeing the "stop safely now" message and being stuck at the side of the road a few times and got the egr and dpf delete, new exhaust and T1 tuner..... Let me say one thing... This thing runs like a striped *** ape with that T1 tuner..... But a word of caution to those considering it... I have had several problems since it came from the shop. I got it out of the shop and ran out to west Texas from DFW area and it ran just fine... Stayed a couple days at our lease and went to go back home and it was throwing codes... The main one being P0272 (which is # 4 injector) and ran rough as hell. I turned the tuner back down to stock settings (position 1) and it cleared up a lot but still runs a little rough and has thrown that code once. I have yet to put a full tank of fuel with it running Diesel Kleen and hope that helps as some of the posts I read suggested. The main reason for this post is a forewarning and forgive me if I'm off here but the truck ran just fine before the deletes and tuner other than the occasional out of the blue stranded along side the road for an hour or so deal.... I would just caution against setting that tuner up so high.... This far I couldn't say I would recommend the T1 or I wouldn't but I would not recommend running this thing on power level 4 for sure.... I apologize for being super cautious but thought I would throw that warning out there. Any advice would be helpful..... Thanks

Old 05-14-2015, 09:34 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Really cant see how a tuner would make the injector fail. Basically, it advances the timing and adds a bit more fuel, of course there IS more to it but thats the basics. How many miles do you have on the truck? Change fuel filter as often as you should? Run the Diesel clean, I run it about once a month. Let us know what happens, I'm at 165xxx miles, never a shutdown, (yet) I run a Bully Dog, and have all emission equipment still under the truck.

Old 05-16-2015, 06:29 AM
Diesel Wrench
Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts

Using the SCT X4 with no issues here. Hope you get the issue resolved before it gets expensive.