DPF Delete No Tuner - Diesel Bombers

Chevy/GMC Truck and Duramax Turbo Diesel Forum Discussion of General Topics related to All Chevy and GMC Trucks as well as the Diesels in them

DPF Delete No Tuner

  #1  
Old 08-22-2017, 12:26 PM
Diesel Fan
Thread Starter
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 42
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default DPF Delete No Tuner

So long story short I use HPTuners to tune my personal and clients vehicles. Some of you may know that HP removed DPF support. This caused problems with my trucks. I have figured out a way to fool this system and I have been sharing it but the guys at HP don't really like me sharing this. I have been put on probation due to my "inappropriate post". So I'm here to share with all of you this little trick. This is a copy/paste of the thread that was deleted.

""Been seeing a lot of people trying to delete DPF through Hptuners. Well the software doesn't let us. But there is a way.
"This is how to fool DPF systems. First i would like to say to cover my own butt that I OR HPTUNERS do not condone this and WE are NOT liable for anything that happens to your truck. Ok now for the good stuff. Ive been working on this for awhile and i got it figured out. So i went on a search to find answers. The DPF sensors go off resistance to see when to Regen. The Duramax will not do an "Active Regen" when the truck is doing a "Passive Regen". A Passive Regen is when the EGTs are so hot that the computer sees no need to Regen itself. So the goal was to find a resistor that fooled the computer to thinking EGTs were high enough to not need a regen but low enough to not go into limp mode. So after a few trial and errors i found the key was to run a 1K ohm resistor between the two DPf sensor wires on both senors"
This post keeps being deleted. But I will do my best to keep it current""

The test truck was an 08 LMM duramax. So I know 110% that is works on this motor. Assuming the newer GM's DPF design didn't change it should work too, but I don't like assuming. So if possible I cant get ahold of every diesel with a DPF system on it. if you guys could help me figure out which resistors and combinations work then we could fool every system on every truck. Plus I wanna shove it to Bill over on the HP forum. if you have any questions message me. you guys have a good week.
 
  #2  
Old 12-18-2018, 07:11 PM
Newbie
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default DPF Delete

Hey Caleb.
I have been wanting to delete my dpf on my company truck for ever but they won’t pay for kits and I get tired of the poor mpg.
I was just thinking of doing this and found your post. You did this and it works? How many trucks?
 
  #3  
Old 12-19-2018, 01:27 PM
Diesel Fan
Thread Starter
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 42
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Charliev65 View Post
Hey Caleb.
I have been wanting to delete my dpf on my company truck for ever but they won’t pay for kits and I get tired of the poor mpg.
I was just thinking of doing this and found your post. You did this and it works? How many trucks?
So Between the years 07.5 and 11. From 07-11 these Trucks used diesel fuel to burn excess soot. In 11 ,When they switched to the LML, they started using Def Fluid. I have done multiple LMM trucks of varying years with no problems. Some trucks on startup have thrown a "Clean exhaust Filter" in the IP but quickly go away when the sensors start relaying resistance values back to the ECM. This has never caused a limp mode on the trucks that I have done. For newer than 2011 trucks principle should be the same, however that is just a theory. You should be able to find a resistor that sets the EGTs around 1300 degrees and take the Def injector nozzle and re-route back into the Def tank so it never runs out. However this does not sound appealing to a lot of people. LMK if you need any help
 
  #4  
Old 12-19-2018, 05:26 PM
Newbie
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Well I was hoping you could tell me where you got resistors and what size you used? Just tricking the two temp sensors in dpf with resistor between power wire and signal wire?
Originally Posted by caleb_secrist View Post
So Between the years 07.5 and 11. From 07-11 these Trucks used diesel fuel to burn excess soot. In 11 ,When they switched to the LML, they started using Def Fluid. I have done multiple LMM trucks of varying years with no problems. Some trucks on startup have thrown a "Clean exhaust Filter" in the IP but quickly go away when the sensors start relaying resistance values back to the ECM. This has never caused a limp mode on the trucks that I have done. For newer than 2011 trucks principle should be the same, however that is just a theory. You should be able to find a resistor that sets the EGTs around 1300 degrees and take the Def injector nozzle and re-route back into the Def tank so it never runs out. However this does not sound appealing to a lot of people. LMK if you need any help
 
  #5  
Old 12-19-2018, 06:17 PM
Diesel Fan
Thread Starter
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 42
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Charliev65 View Post
Well I was hoping you could tell me where you got resistors and what size you used? Just tricking the two temp sensors in dpf with resistor between power wire and signal wire?
Im a Tech so I just have a bunch lying around but you can get at radio shack. Its a 1k ohm. Yes just use it as a bridge between the two sensor wires with the sensor unplugged. Simple as that.
 
  #6  
Old 02-22-2019, 01:47 PM
Newbie
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 3
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Hi All

Does anyone have a picture or video of how this is done?
I have a 2011 Express 3500 cab and chassis and no one really supports these trucks. (Shuttle Bus)
My truck is stuck in Limp mode "55 MPH" Bad DPF Heater

I am not following the process based on the information posted. Is there a step by step write up somewhere?

Thanks
 
  #7  
Old 02-22-2019, 07:50 PM
Diesel Fan
Thread Starter
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 42
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

2011 was the year they switched from diesel fuel to DEF fluid to regen the filter. Do you use Def fluid in your van??
 
  #8  
Old 02-25-2019, 11:41 PM
Newbie
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 3
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Yes, my van has DEF fluid
Is there an easy way to turn the system off with resistors?

I have a 2008 C4500 that need the DEF turned off with resistors is there a step by step guide or some pictures or a video that would explain it

Thanks
 
  #9  
Old 02-26-2019, 01:01 PM
Diesel Fan
Thread Starter
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 42
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Let me see if I can find a truck around here. I sold mine so its gone. As for the DEF fluid trucks in THEORY the same principle is used just different fluid. Ill explain all in a video.
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.