Diesel In Distress - Support Ticket Need Help ? Broke Down Or in Urgent Need Of Assistance Post Here , Thread Will Be Priority and You have the ability to close your own thread when its fixed . If You Do Not Reply in 10 Days your thread will be closed as we will assume its fixed , You can Reopen YOUR Discussion Topic if you wish .

95 dodge violent shaking

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2010, 11:30 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 95 dodge violent shaking

ive had it happen a few times now,i'll be goin down the road and then a really intense shaking starts to happen.its really bad,its as though my tires are suddenly triangular.ive heard that these trucks have alot of front end issues.is there anyway to fix it?let me know.mike

Old 10-30-2010, 02:54 PM
Diesel Bomber
Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

did you recently put a lift kit on your truck?

Old 10-30-2010, 03:06 PM
Site Sponsor - Mighty Diesel
Received 213 Likes on 200 Posts

you have got some stuff wore. check out your ball joints and other parts like tie rods etc. leveling kits will make this issue worse.

Old 10-30-2010, 10:18 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

track bar, ball joints, steering gear, lifted with items a little wore out.....search for "Death Wobble". not a big deal, but it will scare the $h?T out of you when it happens.

Old 10-30-2010, 10:22 PM
Diesel Bomber
Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by UglyTruck
.....search for "Death Wobble". not a big deal, but it will scare the $h?T out of you when it happens.
So true. Worst experience of my life. i was test driving the truck that i experienced it in. needless to say i did not buy it. it also just happened to be a dodge

Old 10-31-2010, 09:24 AM
Diesel Fan
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by UglyTruck
track bar, ball joints, steering gear, lifted with items a little wore out.....search for "Death Wobble". not a big deal, but it will scare the $h?T out of you when it happens.
not to say that all of these things are bad, but one or all of them maybe. also make sure that the truck has not had the steering stabilizer removed and/or that the stabilizer shock is still good. my truck only did it once to me. dealer checked everything and said that there was nothing loose or worn other than the front springs were a little bagged out from carrying the extra 1100 pounds of snowplow. but told me to put the stabilizer back on. (i dont remember why we took it off, but there was a reason and i still had it in the garage). i put it back on and have never had the problem since. i have however upgraded the stock coils with steel leveling spacers with +2-3" Supercoils...wish i had done that in the first place instead of the levelers. and have replaced the steering gear, balljoints, and drag link. Plowin' is hard on things.

Old 10-31-2010, 11:08 AM
Diesel Fan
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Haha ahh ya i remember my jeep doing this. Same steering setup as the ram...as it started shaking id look out the window for my wheel/tire to pass me up! Answer: knuckle over steering dual stabilizers. It doesn't hurt to check all your ends like these other guys were saying

Old 11-01-2010, 10:10 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ok good.im reaally glad to hear its not that big of a deal,and yeah it did scare the $#!t outta me ha ha.thanks for the replies guys ,i'll check all those things and post what it is.